Late serial Charvels - logo ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late serial Charvels - logo ?

From what I have seen the last of the serialized Charvels with a Jackson style (pointy) neck bore a "Jackson" not "Charevl" logo on the headstock. Roughly this occurred around 5350ish serial number.

My question; could one still get a Charvel logo on the headstock if requested? Was a mixture of both Jackson and Charvel logos available at this time? Anyone know or ever see a legit Charvel pointy in the 54XX or later serial number range, with a Charvel logo on the headstock??

Anyone know...ran across a weird one and trying to figure it out..
    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Re: Late serial Charvels - logo ?

From what I understand, no. I had a guitar that was ordered as a SD Charvel some 8 months or so before the move, and it was completed as an Ontario Strat Jackson on 3/5/87.

So, maybe that doesn't answer your specific question, but shortly after the move, they were not allowing Charvel logo'd guitars to be built.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

there are exceptions to every rule,
      my understanding is around 5420 the jackson logos started.

in a conversation several years ago with tim wilson, he claimed only about 50-75 charvels got the jackson decal.
      but we have seen some earlier than that which would dispell that to a degree.
      tracy,take the neck off ,you know what to look for...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        tracy,take the neck off ,you know what to look for...

[/ QUOTE ]

The guitar is not in my hands and while I asked the seller to take her apart and send pics I don't have that info at the moment. I did talk with Dan L and he did the paint, very cool story so I got some more info on at least that the graphic is original although not the typical Charvel style.

It is always hard when you don't have the guitar in hand...
        www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel

Comment

yep, thats for sure....well as long as they snap some pics for ya at some point , alls well that ends well.....

Comment

Well I could not figure out of it was legit or not (that is whether the neck w/Charvel logo was original to this body or not). Anyway here are a few pics..cool guitar

Comment

That is a one of a kind for sure! Nice score [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X