Cool HRF Strat Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool HRF Strat Head

Here is an old pic of Rick Derringer..check out the cool Charvel HRF Strat Head in the back ground.
    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Re: Cool HRF Strat Head

Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

cool pic, trace. is that an ibanez lawsuit explorer, too? the headstock is different from a gibson.

i wonder what became of that hrf, that's pretty cool lookin, for sure.
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Thats a cool pic of Rick and Pat...NAMM I assume?

and yeah agree sully, very cool guitar..I would love to know where it is now...
        www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          cool pic, trace. is that an ibanez lawsuit explorer, too? the headstock is different from a gibson.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is an original korina Gibson explorer....1958 I believe. A few of the early korina Explorers were built with that forked headstock.....they are extremely rare.

I believe that one is in the Scott Chinery collection....(he's a big time millionaire vintage guitar collector)

The Gibson art & historic division has done reissues of those. Here's a gold one:

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

I believe that one is in the Scott Chinery collection....(he's a big time millionaire vintage guitar collector)

[/ QUOTE ]

Was, I'm afraid. Scott Chinery passed away a few years ago.

Yes, nice HRF, but what about that 'burst with double whites!!! Is that real?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              ...but what about that 'burst with double whites!!! Is that real?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! Gibby enthusiasts keep track of the rarity of certain pickup configs? Man, I have trouble maintaining a barely passable knowledge base of a 25 year old guitar line. Seems like an invitation for easy fraud...swapping pickups to get a rare config. Just curious...is it dog-eat-dog for Gibby enthusiasts? Or is it pretty "easy" to authenticate stuff. I've heard horror stories regarding Fenders.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Speaking of cool HRF....

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Was, I'm afraid. Scott Chinery passed away a few years ago.

Yes, nice HRF, but what about that 'burst with double whites!!! Is that real?

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Half of Chinery"s collection was donated to the huge Guitar museum in Nashville, and the rest toured the Hard Rock cafe's throughout the world, as released by his estate.

Yes...that is a '58 Burst with double whites! I remember that pic and interveiw with him where he describes some of his collection.

Comment

I've been dying for a HRF on that color scheme forever!!!!
                    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Always will be my favorite

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Half of Chinery"s collection was donated to the huge Guitar museum in Nashville, and the rest toured the Hard Rock cafe's throughout the world, as released by his estate.

Yes...that is a '58 Burst with double whites! I remember that pic and interveiw with him where he describes some of his collection.

[/ QUOTE ]

the Chinery collection was actually sold a couple years back to a dealer and then he orchestrated selling most of the good stuff off. I went to select pieces and inspect the collection for a major guitar collector. and we bought about 25 guitars., there were no charvels or jacksons [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

i do recall that while Scott was alive the guitars were exhibited at the Smithsonian.

The burst is probably real, Rick was known to have them, could be a 58 but if it is the double whites are not stock..double whites did not appear untill 1959 when there was a shortage of black pigment for the coils! that is how we ended up with zebras and double whites [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] dw's are supposed to sound better,so many times people would swap them out.

and as far as the HRF charvels ...sweeeeeeeet!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i do recall that while Scott was alive the guitars were exhibited at the Smithsonian.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm wondering if that's where I got confused about the museum thing Mike....thanks!

I was under the impression that they were SOLD to the Museum.

Comment

I do believe Mike Indelicato had purchased a chunk of the collection and flipped most of the pieces.

Scott did some coo, stuff. I remember 10 or so years ago he brought his Batmobile to the Philly show and had Adam West sign autographs. It was even mentioned on the Conan O'Brien show the night before. Scott seemed interested in keeping the hobby interesting to new people and wanted to promote it. We sure could use another guy like him in the game.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I do believe Mike Indelicato had purchased a chunk of the collection and flipped most of the pieces.

Scott seemed interested in keeping the hobby interesting to new people and wanted to promote it. We sure could use another guy like him in the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jim is right it was sold to Mike I. and he then sold it off, he still has a lot of the guitars. most of those guitars were better off seen in a book [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

and it would be great to have someone such as Scott in the game again, acting more as a philanthropist of guitar, instead of the non playing greed fueled collectors in the game now.

maybe if Scott was still alive he would have aquired some Charvel Stratheads by now!

Comment

Working...
                              X