Ouch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ouch

I see a lot of these dings on the tip of pointy headstocks, most appear to be chipped from the backside unlike this one which is chipped off from the front (face) side....anyone ever do this?

I assume one would have to spear a mic stand or amp to cause that much damage...

Here is a pic of another that was chipped from the backside of teh headstock...
    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Re: Ouch

[ QUOTE ]
    I assume one would have to spear a mic stand or amp to cause that much damage...

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was younger and stupider, I broke the tip off a pointy headstock (on a POS Kramer) by ramming it into the floor. I was trying to do Vai's shove-the-guitar-between-your-legs thing that he does in the Yankee Rose video...

[img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

Comment

That top one looks like a recent break - the wood's lighter.

And I hire professionals to ruin my headstocks - UPS and FedEx [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Bahhhh...a little putty, and paint touch up...good as new! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

In that first picture, does that headstock have the phenolic cap? It looks painted.

I think the phenolic cap keeps a lot of the headstock points intact even when the back is chipped off.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I hire professionals to ruin my headstocks - UPS and FedEx [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              In that first picture, does that headstock have the phenolic cap? It looks painted.

I think the phenolic cap keeps a lot of the headstock points intact even when the back is chipped off.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah the first pic has a painted headstock, the second has a plastic capped headstock. Agree these chips (from the face side) appear more frequently on the painted headstocks
              www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
              My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Who knows about how they get thier damage.Ive chipped headstoks on drum risers, mic stands, even cut open the other guitarist head by hitting him with it spinning around and not knowing he was there. :hE was dripping blood, but never missed a note!

Ive also had a headstock broken by Shayne's half-brother when he decided he wanted a closer look at my peavey vandenberg.It was on its stand, so they happen anywhere.

But mostly they get damaged when they are actually being used, not sitting around for show. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

No 2 looks familier to me unfortunatly. But it does not affect the playing!
                  "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

I snapped the headstock in half at the G string of a ESP Kammie during the first song of a gig, it stayed intune because of the of the Floyd, I was suprised!.. I stayed with it until the stares from the crowd became too much.

Comment

Working...
                    X