Popped my cherry...Got a strathead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Popped my cherry...Got a strathead

ok - so if the series each got their own prefix 4,5,6/7 - um what happens when they make the 100th of each color??

that numbering scheme is seriously flawed - unless they are limiting to 100 of each run.

thoughts, anyone?

Comment

man that is sweet...

I haven't had the chance to see, hold or play one in person.
      Maybe someday..

congrats !

Comment

my bro has a yellow and black and the serial is 0739.

Comment

THAT is a gorgeous guitar!!! Thanks for the detailed review - I'm thinking about getting one of those...Congrats!!!

Comment

I've been thinking on getting one, I have a VERY VERY tempting quote from a dealer (not one of ours unfortunately).
            Now if I can put together some creative finaces so the 'ol lady does not notice the purchase.
            Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Newc is correct....the neck profile on the Charvel EVH models is an exact replica of Ed's favorite neck (the original Fender headstock neck from the VH1 B&W guitar, that ended up as a banana headstock neck on the Frankenstein). The Charvel USA Standard models all have the old familiar Charvel neck profile from back in the day.

Comment

The serial number pattern is as follows:
                ASXXXX
                AS = Art Series
                XXXX = serial number, in sequential order. There is no "code" to the numbers.

We paint the guitars with lacquer for the colors and then a thin layer of polyester or polyurethane for the top coat (depending on the color). We wanted as little finish as possible, so the wood could resonate like the original striped guitars EVH used. Also, EVH insisted on the "breathing hole" in the trem cavity so the guitar could breathe/resonate.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] It really is a blow hole! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Seriously, it's really cool the level of attention to detail on these. inc. EVH's very particular specs. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

i got to pick one up today at guitar center...and while i'm not a fan of 1 5/8" nut widths...i will say this...it definitely felt like a lot of older charvels i have played before...they got it right with this series...d.m.
                    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Ed's favorite neck (the original Fender headstock neck from the VH1 B&W guitar, that ended up as a banana headstock neck on the Frankenstein).

[/ QUOTE ]

??????????

Comment

Working...
                      X