Care of new EVH Charvel neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Care of new EVH Charvel neck

Gunstock oil is what the specs say isn't it. My GX bullseye definitely has some kind of buffed out oil finish on it.
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Yep nick, the newer work orders that I have seen say "gunstock oil".
      "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

according to some die hard Wolfgang players as well as the staff at Peavey, the belief that lemon oil will loosen the frets on a Wolfgang is a myth.
        I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Newc,do you just make this sh*t up or what??

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea Newc...Ya big gunk maker upper. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
          >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Ok, so Frankie just sat in the case for the last 20 years because the Wolfgang is soooooooo much better? [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

If you want to avoid discoloration, Peavey still sells a lemon oil for Wolfgangs without any yellow coloring, some commercial lemon oils can tint the maple.
              I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Ok, so Frankie just sat in the case for the last 20 years because the Wolfgang is soooooooo much better? [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Wolfgang has not been around for twenty years & Frankie was retired when he got his Kramers!!More made up bs!! [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]!!

Comment

a bit off topic but can anyone tell me the radius of the EVH charvel neck? i was at the LI guitar show today and played black and yellow #721 and fell in love with the neck on it and am tempted to go back and buy it but i wanted to know the radius of the neck and all the sites just say "compund radius"...gee that helps lol and the dealer didn't know.

thanks

-Mike
                  www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

It's the Michael Jackson radius - 10-12 [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      the gunk is the stuff you're lookin' for in my unhumble opinion. i love the gunk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tommy is right. Gunk is good. What you want to avoid is spooge [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Not too mention "Frankie" had at least three differant necks on it because Eddie kept breaking them on tour. Altho he did admit he still uses "Frankie" to record. Probably with the Kramer neck on it tho.
                        And yes the wolfgangs,MM EVH2, EVH Charvels, and his Kramers were all unfinished oiled necks.
                        Gil

Comment

Working...
                        X