5308-5103-5481!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 5308-5103-5481!

I've never seen a 62-63 Les Paul Cstm with P90s. All the ones Ive seen have had the three full size hums. There were a few in the tobacco burst finish but most were alpine white. Even with the cracked headstock it still has some value but not thousands. more like 1200-1500. People are leary of broken headstocks no moatter the year and it drives the desirablity way down. If the pups have been changed to full size hums the value again goes down.
    Yes its old but its no longer vintage so the vintage value drops significantly. If it was all origainl and no breaks it could be worth as much as 3000.00 in white and maybe more in the burst.
    Gil

Comment

I think he said it originally was with PAF's. You know, after I posted that I was thinking I've seen '62 SG STD's with mods and repaired headstocks asking about what you state, around 1500. I would think the customs in that finish would be more desireable and less common than a '62 Les Paul/SG. Even the customs from the 70's are commanding 2-3k nowadays. An original with a lyre maestro tailpiece, clean headstock repair that is older and proven stable, the TB sunburst, case looks in good condition of correct period...those pups look pretty old too. I'd say from the 60's - 70's, they're just not the original PAF. While you are correct in stating mods and breaks really reduce a guitar.. I'd lay odds that guitar could still pull 2000-2500 depending on the specific nature of the break and the rest of guitar (original hardware, pup rings, pots, switch etc..)
      The reissues are going for around that.

The bloodsplatter is awesome even with a Kahler! I would take any of these if they were fair priced. Graphics vary according to the desirability. I would think 1000-1200 for the san dimas is market.. no?

Comment

I cant find any info stating that the 62-63's had P90's. Atlast not the customs. Thats why they were customs. The only custom that ive seen with P90s is the 54 reissue. But that was a Les Paul body not the SG. If some body knows for sure please let me know. I would appreciate any input on this.
        Gil

Comment

P-90 pickups came on the LP Jr (SG Body Style) and SG Jr. and Specials.
          An SG/LP Custom like that shown would only have come with humbuckers...PAF and the Patent No. circa 62 onward.

That sunburst color does not meet the typical sunburst finish associated with gibson in that era, it COULD be a one off custom finish, but I would have to figure it is a refin with all the other issues it has, also the white plastic is indicative of the standard white finish associated with this particular model.

Comment

Working...
          X