Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

San Dimas Standard Reissue or Model Series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Dimas Standard Reissue or Model Series?

I'm considering the purchase of a San Dimas Standard Reissue. I'd have to special order it since there are none of these available in my area for me to try out. I own a basic Charvel Model 1 which I think plays great for what it is and what it cost me. I would appreciate some advice from those who have played both to know if there is really a big difference and if would be worth it for me to purchase one of these new ones. I'm not into collecting, I'd be purchasing this to play the hell out of it. I would be dissappointed after spending the money if I found out that there was really no major difference between the two as far as playability and quality. Thanks!

Re: San Dimas Standard Reissue or Model Series?

Thats kind of a loaded question because there are 2 schools of thought. Most SD owners will tell you that there is a quality difference and most model owners will say not.

I for one beleive there is a quality differece in the quality of woods and components.. Especially in the body..

You may spend $$ on a SD Reish but you probably wont be dissapointed..the necks are great on these guitars and are all high quality components ... Talk to Matt's as I think they had one in stock ..
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

+1 Kev,well said bro!!

Comment

I personally like them both. I think both have their own strong points. Are they comparable? Yes and No.

Craftsmenship - Both are very well made.

Eletronics and Components - the SD's have better electronics, and are made of better woods.

Value - Ultimately it depends on you and your bank account. You can spend $800 to the moon for and origial SD. Or pick up a new SD for $1200 plus. If you're looking to save money you can find some killer deals on the old Model series guitars. They are good guitars.

The Model series are more than worthy to be logo'ed as Charvels. I have a couple that I will never let go of. I made that mistake once, never again.

The SD's when you find the right one it is magical. I have lucked out twice. My 83 strathead, and 84 pointy feels as though they were custom made for me. Their necks fits my hand perfectly. It's as if they were built for me.

I guess, really it is all personal preference. You decide what is right for you. Any charvel fan is welcome here.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I personally like them both. I think both have their own strong points.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree 100%!!
          [ QUOTE ]
          The SD's when you find the right one it is magical. Their necks fit my hand perfectly. It's as if they were built for me.

[/ QUOTE ] Exactly why I am an admitted SD Charvie snob!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]!!

[ QUOTE ]
          really it is all personal preference. You decide what is right for you. Any charvel fan is welcome here.

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]!! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]!!

Comment

Well if you shop around you could order outside your area and avoid sales tax. I think you are better off going with a USA San Dimas. The price difference is woth the quality and resale value down the road if you part with it.

Comment

I'm waiting on a new SD and I can't wait !

why don't you try to find one and check it out in person if you can?

good luck in your decision

Comment

Buy the USA San Dimas and a Model Series. That way theres bo problems. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Go with the US San Dimas Re-Issue. I've got one of the new Star's and a 25th Anniversary which are both awesome.

Comment

Everyone that's bought a SD Reissue or SD Standard "REALLY" likes the quality and neck feel. They're pretty affordable considering what else is available in the same price range from different manufacturers.

If you're considering buying one, drop me line, I can save you money on sales tax if you're located outside of MA.

Matt [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

<font color="aqua">Have you made up your mind yet Joe? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] </font>
                      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Dave!

I spoke to you regarding this, I'm going custom, I'll be calling you for parts soon after everything gets in place.

Take Care!

Comment

Check it out. I found these the other day.
                          http://www.zzounds.com/item--CHA2821100
                          http://www.bananas.com/productlist.a...string_Charvel
                          Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Working...
                          X