Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the EVH Art Series guitars worth it???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are the EVH Art Series guitars worth it???

[ QUOTE ]
    The reason that it is a 1 5/8 neck is because it was taken directly from Ed's favorite neck. That gitar started as a 1 11/16 and Ed wore it down to 1 5/8 .. so the neck on the EVH art series is based on Eds own "played" neck ..

As far as the model series vs US series .. sorry no comparison ..I'm not saying the model series are bad guitars but they aren't as nice as a US series built guitar ..

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize that the model series do not compare to the new pointies. I was just saying that they represent, to me, a far superior value in today's market due to the fact that they are used '80s guitars. They weren't cheap when new, but they are relatively cheap now. You buy a Model 2 and you get the same features and the same look as a new Standard. The components may not be as good, and they do not carry the cache' of being real American Charvels...but they also don't carry the $1500 price tag.

Mike
    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Would $1840/wcase be a good eal for a brand new one?

[/ QUOTE ]
      Yeah that is the best price I have seen them at also...that store has some great prices listed in their summer sale email they sent out.
      www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
      My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

I think they r worth it, alltho I can't buy one... no $$$$

Comment

Personally, I'd love to have one or it least get the opprotunity to play one.
          As far as being practical, spending the kind of money for what you get doesn't seem jusitied. To me, the EVH series is over priced. I can see a collector or a VH tribute player having one.

Myself, that kind of money I would use on a USA custom Jackson or Charvel. I would come out a whole lot cheaper and with a guitar that would play better and definitely be better qualilty/craftmanship. Thats just me though. If I had $2,600. to spend on a guitar, a EVH series wouldn't see it.
          Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

+1,I would spend that kind of cash on a USA Jackson LTD Rhoads,before I got an EVH,But they do look pretty cool.He is and was one of my favorite players.And it seems the only way to get a strathead that is new and genuine and unplayed.

Comment

Working...
            X