Charvel Red Bullseye should I get it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Red Bullseye should I get it?

I prefer the black bullseye but I am looking at getting my first charvel and the Reds are available. Pro's Con's indifferent?
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Re: Charvel Red Bullseye should I get it?

yes, red is better.

Comment

I would lean towards the EVH art series because I would prefer a floyd... I just am not a big EVH fan though. I love bullseyes though. Should I try and hunt down a used one or is value pretty good on the RI's buying new? I am a jackson boy but I got the charvel bug so please forgive the newbieness to this.

Comment

Depends on how picky you are re:the neck profile James,the GX Bullseyes & the new Charvel pointies neck profiles are exactly like the old San Dimas Charvies,the new Retros & Art Series necks are not the same profile,very nice guitars just different feel!!
        I love the old SD neck shape so I'd recommend a new pointy or wait for a GX Bullseye to come up for sale,truer to the original & a bit less $$!!

Comment

Man, I love my Red Bullseye, Black Bullseye, My EVH's,etc... I just havent run into a bad Charvel yet. It's a no lose situation IMO.
          Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

any pics of the guitar?

Comment

Why not split the difference? Order a new Floyd'd pointy with the red & white bullseye. That graphic is available for an upcharge on the USA Standard guitars, without going full custom order. And then you'll also have your choice of fretboard wood and PU layout. The only downside is the build time for a special-ordered guitar. Well worth it, IMHO, though.

Comment

I honestly like the strathead look though but that is a pretty good suggestion...

Comment

Of course it is. 6 to 9 months, I was told... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Try more like 12 mos. if you order a cool graphic [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

The new pointys seem to be dead on for what it is worth. The new s-heads get mixed reviews.

I will say that the EVH models that I have played are cool but stock frets and the backshape are not what I consider to be "Charvel"/ Quality is there, but apparantly, the man and i have different ideas about how a guitar shoul "feel" LOL!

I have been wondering if they will do a pointy with the B&Y graphic (I admit that I would probably not order one, but it would be cool still!)
                    "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

red is the only way to go IMO!!

-Mike
                      www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Have to agree the red one is classic Charvel, know if I was to buy one that is the one I'd get. Kammo1

Comment

if you are a player,the black bullseye way outplays the red.the floyd and the neck profile on the black vs the nos trem non locking and the mystery neck profile on the red...outweighs the shape of the headstock.if i had a gig and could only pick one guitar to play-black.

Comment

That is extremely subjective...you prefer the black and the floyd as do a lot of folks but they make all these different necks and bridges because players are not all the same.For instance I think all floyds should be melted down and used to create a device that will actually help humanity [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Of course that is just me...lots of folks love them.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              mystery neck profile on the red...

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't say that it's a mystery profile. I say it's the profile we have on the PC-1. I have a red retro bullseye and a PC-1 and both neck profiles feel and look exactly the same. I also measured the thicknesses... the same.

Comment

Working...
                              X