No announcement yet.

Strange feeling about new Charvels...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Strange feeling about new Charvels...

How would you guys compare the feel of the new Charvels to the old Model series?

Comment

eh well its hard to compare. the Model series has a heavy coat of poly on it. so its a little sticky. my new USA charvel has a oiled/polished neck. the profiel is very very similar if not identical. one of these days I will take measurements. I love em both but the new charvel is top notch man.. top notch

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Anyway, I noticed that while I did want to play and possibly purchase one I wasn't the slobbering idiot I would have been had these been the old school Charvels that I happen to stuble upon. Anybody else notice this sort of phenomena?

[/ QUOTE ]

<---Slobbering idiot here. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Is it me or do the new ones just seem so overpriced? I love Charvels, but just cant seem to justify spending the kind of coin they are asking for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you talking the limiteds, EVH or the new standard series? Compared to most guitars in its class they aren't priced bad. Furthermore a USA Bolton Custom Charvie has a lower MSRP than comparitive Jackson ..

USA Custom Jackson Bolton starts at $2880 msrp and a USA Custom Charvel starts at $2499
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

And I would take the Charvel ANY day.....just one drummers opinion.

Shawn
            Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

OK, help me out here, I know Fender bought Charvel, and they are making the new ones here in CA, but at what factory and which group of people are making them?

they are separate and distinct from Jackson now, right? not made at that same Ontario factory? any old Jackson or Charvel employees involved with the new Charvels?
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Charvel/jackson employees are making charvel/jacksons in cells within the corona facility.
                Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Charvel/jackson employees are making charvel/jacksons in cells within the corona facility.

[/ QUOTE ]
                  interesting. any idea how that works considering Jackson is one company and the now-Fender-owned-Charvel is another separate company? is Fender subbing out the work to the Jackson folks?
                  the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Jackson / Charvel is one company. Two brands, one company. J/C is owned by Fender Musicial Instruments Corporation (FMIC).

J/C employees make J/C guitars in a seperate area of the same facility in Corona, CA. And Fender employees make Fender guitars in a seperate area of said facility. i.e., The J/C custom shop is seperate from the Fender custom shop, but housed in the same complex.

Different employees, different companies, different guitars, the same facility, but different areas of it, respectively.

Understand?

Comment

This is your brain... This is your brain with a side of bacon and hash-browns... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        yeah until i played a new...now i slobber

[/ QUOTE ]

Kmanick and I put a couple of '83 SD pointys head to head with a new one a while ago. I have a CS on the way [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].
                        "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

I played a Copperhead Charvel at GC tonight...I don't know what to say... [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] The only problem -- I gave it back to GC guy, and he put it on a stand ON THE FLOOR!!! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] A $2300 GUITAR!! Every kid who walks in can go "Cool paint!", scratch it with their gay studded watch band and wallet chain, and then it is RUINED!! I was really digging it though... Sounded KILLER through a cranked TSL.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            This is your brain... This is your brain with a side of bacon and hash-browns... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

mmm. Bacon
                            I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] the new ones RULE ! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] remember that all guitars need setups and fret levels sometimes ! these CHARVELS rock ! see ya , ALZ [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]p/s TONIGHT IS VODKA NIGHT ! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Vodka night huh? You are on!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                                "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Working...
                                X