Future of EVH Charvels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future of EVH Charvels?

Does anyone know what's happening with the production EVH Charvels? I've seen very few B/W/R guitars, the new prices seem to be falling like mad, and I've heard that they're going to stop making them soon - does anyone know if there's any truth in that?

I seem to remember that they were going to do a 100 piece run of replicas of the Frankenstrat, but is that actually happening?
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Re: Future of EVH Charvels?

its unclear. post it in the ask jackson section amyber Mcd will answer

Comment

as far as the b/w/r i had heard that they had trouble with the paint so that may be why they are harder to find. as far as the price dropping we all knew that they would have limited appeal and probably not be around forever. they will probably come out with something wolfgang like for his new sig guitar. thats just my guess though i dont have any inside info

Comment

the serialization of those guitars has to indicate that they are only makin 100 in each color scheme.

i would like to get verification of that....

Comment

I have no inside info, either. But it wouldn't surprise me if they ended the series after NAMM.

Comment

i think it was a great pr move to make them and i think they are smart if they stop making them and keep them rare.

Comment

I think they need to come out with something like the Wolfgang (archtop, little bit different body) with 24 frets and an ebony board with OFR and killer finishes...
              Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

but thats just me
                Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

That's been done. To death.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    the serialization of those guitars has to indicate that they are only makin 100 in each color scheme.

i would like to get verification of that....

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the serialization makes you think there will be only 100 made in each color? I know of the B&Y numbered 522 that matt sold and the one I currently have is number 959. So if you are thinking that all B&Y are numbered 5##, that is not true.

Comment

yeah slash - that's what i was thinking - there was a post a while back that each color combo had a "series" attached to it. if that was true then one would infer that each combo would be limited to 100.

thanks for the info - i appreciate it

Comment

I answered the questions about Charvel EVH serial numbers in the "Ask Jackson" section.

Comment

There's a bunch of EVH Art Series on eBAy. Seems like they are not selling well? why would these folks be unloading these new ones?
                          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

They aren't selling well because they are over priced for what you get. Besides being a collector or a fan that wants a piece EVH history, they aren't many people buying them. They are just simply over priced. People know they can get a better quality made guitar for much less. Heck, you can get a custom made Charvel much less than that. Its really a no brainer. Again, as I said if your a collector or a fan looking for a piece of VH history, those are about the only ones buying them these days. Most learn the price and say "you can't be serious" and move on.
                            Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

What data are you using to conclude that they aren't selling well? I bought a b&y at a one day sale recently and i was the 5th person to buy one that day.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Working...
                              X