USA Charvel ID?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I\'ve had it cleaned and repaired

I would love to see the neck pocket on that to date it.
    You might want to ask the people who did the work if they happened to take the neck off.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      You don't even realize how lucky you are. What a score. There are people here that would give their firstborn for that Strathead!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Enjoy it!

Mike

[/ QUOTE ]
      I don´t have a first born, But I can think of other things [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

My 84' strathead #4110 has original factory EMGs & a factory battery compartment:

I'd reccomend three black metal dome knobs on yours as I don't think the Gibson style knobs on yours were original(but certainly could be too!!)as I've seen some dudes change the metal dome knobs for ones with #s,however I do think the flat plastic input jack probably was original!!

Great Charvie,very cool & unique!!

Comment

I've still got the black, flat input jack (although the screw-holes are both broken, so it wont' stay on as you can see in the pictures at the start of the thread.) I've also got the clear knobs in the same plastic bag. At the moment I had strat-style knobs put on there when it was in the shop. We'll see. Thanks for the suggestion.

-K

Comment

I'm not 100% sure yet, but I'm leaning towards selling it. It's a beautiful guitar, but I'm heading in more of an acoustic direction and I find that I'm just not playing it much. I appreciate much everyones help in opening my eyes to the word of jackson/charvel guitars! I will continue to learn more about them, I'm just not very attatched to this one (although the red/black combo is killer IMHO).

-K

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I'm not 100% sure yet, but I'm leaning towards selling it. It's a beautiful guitar, but I'm heading in more of an acoustic direction and I find that I'm just not playing it much. I appreciate much everyones help in opening my eyes to the word of jackson/charvel guitars! I will continue to learn more about them, I'm just not very attatched to this one (although the red/black combo is killer IMHO).

-K

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh boy, here we go..........

I wonder who will offer up the big bucks?? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Mike
              Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Hmmmmmmm... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Oh boy, here we go..........

I wonder who will offer up the big bucks?? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

That be me..she arrived today awesome guitar thanks Kurt...

www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                  My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

That is awesome. I'm glad it ended up in the family. Very nice [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool!!!....so what does it say in the neck pocket??
                      I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

nothing written in the neck pocket..late serial Kahlered Charvels have the info written in the Kahler route. In this case work order (invoice) number 6205 (also written on neck).

Here is a pic

Cheers
                        www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel

Comment

great score, and it is a good addition to the stable.

that said, i'm incredibly dissapointed that the whole jr member/gear selling thing has been completely disregarded. maybe i'm naive, i dunno. it's not that i didn't think it would happen, but we've tossed many people for this kinda thing.

sully
                          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                          Sully Guitars on Facebook
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Eh...happens all the time. New guys come in all innocent. What's my guitar worth? Blood's in the water at that point. Too late by then. PM's and emails are flyin'.

Good score. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                            Scott
                            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              great score, and it is a good addition to the stable.

that said, i'm incredibly dissapointed that the whole jr member/gear selling thing has been completely disregarded. maybe i'm naive, i dunno. it's not that i didn't think it would happen, but we've tossed many people for this kinda thing.

sully

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I was surprised it was still available noting how many people had already contacted him and placed offers.

Comment

I think it was better that it moved to a member of the family, than it going to someone like Carr or someone that might have chopped it up and E-Bay'd the parts. I don't think he specifically solicited offers, but you can't prevent interested parties from contacting him. I am sure that Tracy gave him alot more than he thought he was going to get.

Just my .02.

Mike
                                Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Working...
                                X