USA Charvel ID?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Charvel ID?

(posting this for a friend, I think he's in the process of registering)

short summary: this is a guitar he got from a friend for super cheap or free, it's been sitting around his apartment for several years now, in need of a bit of work and he's debating about fixing it/selling it and was wondering what it is and/or how much it would be worth. I don't really know anything about charvels, so I gave him a link to this forum and I'm posting this for him now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

some pics:

so, what is it? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Re: USA Charvel ID?

San dimas charvel strathead,if he wants to sell it , let me know.Looks like a brad gillis replica, totally cool.Actually, i love it!

Comment

Jeezus H. Christmas...

Comment

Very nice. Tell him don't sell it until he has it appraised by someone knowledgeable.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Need pics of the back of the body, could be a fender.YOU dont see too many with the imput jack on the top.Ive seen a few, just not common.Otherwise its worth some good coin.The kahler devalues it to some collectors, is it original? Im sure this guys PM box is full already.Good luck fishing.

Comment

Obligatory "I'll give him a buck fifty for it" post. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

tell him to ebay it, and ignore the backdoor offers. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] i also fixed that url for ya so the pic of the back will show up.
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

thanks for fixing that Sully.Yeah, it looks legit.Ebay is the place to go.Fair market value is always there on charvels.

Damn, i need that next promotion [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Need pics of the back of the body, could be a fender.YOU dont see too many with the imput jack on the top.Ive seen a few, just not common.Otherwise its worth some good coin.The kahler devalues it to some collectors, is it original? Im sure this guys PM box is full already.Good luck fishing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I own two ...less common but yeah they happen
                  Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

whoa! (I'm guessing he had no idea) I'll pass info on to him.

Comment

elvis is an on top input .
                      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I was wondering about the output jack, I've never seen a front mounted jack that wasn't the fender 'football' style, is that common?

Comment

Looks pretty good Eric
                          It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

looks good...like to see some pics of the neck pocket and with the guard off....cool one
                            www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                            My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

I think he submitted his registration using the nick KDogg, if an admin wanted to authorize his registration. I warned him about posting any spam-type stuff (as well as a warning about any potential flood of PMs he might get)

I don't know him personally, he posted on a totally unrelated forum (a computing forum) in a general section of that forum asking if the guitar was worth fixing up or trying to sell and I don't know anything about charvels, but thought it might be so I thought I'd direct him to people who would know (here!). [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X