Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if Charvel "modernized" stratheads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if Charvel "modernized" stratheads?

What if Charvel introduced a production strathead guitar, but it took some of the old classic touches and addedd "modernized" touches to them?

- The tuners were locking, and had staggered height posts so no string trees.

- The nut was graphite, so no string hang-ups.

- The bridge was an all-brass piece, but had a hardened steel baseplate underneath. And it was a floating 2-point trem for better tuning stability, not 6 screw flush-mounted.

- The truss rod adjustment was moved from the heel to the headstock.

- The brass knobs and strap pegs were still made of that material, but were coated to match the rest of the hardware color.

- etc.

Would you love it or hate it? Would you buy it or not?

Re: What if Charvel \"modernized\" stratheads?

<font color="yellow">I think your thoughts are good!!

Now, we have the "traditionalist" collectors and players vs. the "new" generation and there will be dissention.

But, IMO, if Charvel introduces a Strathead as a production guitar available to the masses, or even on a smaller scale, the ability to do CS limited runs, people will flock in to buy them.

Will it happen in the near future, I don't think so unfortunately.

Do I think the reality will ever become true, yes, in time.

Some players will love the "improved" features of the guitar you mentioned, a Strathead with "improved" embelleshments over the originals.

Cool thread idea, should get some good responses and insight. </font>

Comment

Your modern improvements create a very nice guitar. I still wouldn't buy it though, because it just isn't what I want.

I would much rather have a Floyd over any Vtrem. While not true to the originals, I would like to see the body notched at the neck base for truss rod adjustments. You need the acorn on the headstock to make it a Charvel strathead.

That's all I would change from the original Charvel stratheads.

Comment

Totally agree on the Floyd preference.

Floyds ain't much different than in the 80s, though, so no changes to "modernize" there. That's why I went with a V-trem for this "what if".

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Your modern improvements create a very nice guitar. I still wouldn't buy it though, because it just isn't what I want...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said Brian....& the vintage stratheads are!! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]!!

Comment

Vintage collector/players thoughts...

Havn't bought a new one. GMW did those best. For a modern strat I would buy a suhr or anderson
            It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Vintage collector/players thoughts...

Havn't bought a new one. GMW did those best. For a modern strat I would buy a suhr or anderson

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are excellent guitars but my vote in modern strats is with Grosh.
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I understand where the idea comes from, but I think they should have figured out by now that what we really want is the ability to order what we want. I think that new s-head Charvels are cool sure, none of them a close enough to what I want to get me to buy one. Let me pick the specs like back in the day and who knows (I have an s-head picked out and I am ready to order - I have been for years! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])
                "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  What if Charvel introduced a production strathead guitar, but it took some of the old classic touches and addedd "modernized" touches to them?

- The tuners were locking, and had staggered height posts so no string trees.

- The nut was graphite, so no string hang-ups.

- The bridge was an all-brass piece, but had a hardened steel baseplate underneath. And it was a floating 2-point trem for better tuning stability, not 6 screw flush-mounted.

- The truss rod adjustment was moved from the heel to the headstock.

- The brass knobs and strap pegs were still made of that material, but were coated to match the rest of the hardware color.

- etc.

Would you love it or hate it? Would you buy it or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd hit it! But,

1. leave the truss rod screw in the heel rather than in the HS (too Fender-ish)
                  2. black hardware/tuners
                  3. bridge Floyd Rose
                  4. H/H

Comment

Working...
                  X