Routing under guard of white /black EVH Art Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Routing under guard of white /black EVH Art Series

Maybe I'm just bored or something....but I was just thinking & wondering what the routing looked like under the pickguard of the white/black EVH art series Charvels.

Anyone got a pic?

Re: Routing under guard of white /black EVH Art Se

I'll post one soon, I've been curious and am going to swap pickups in mine later this week, I'll take pics while I do it

Comment

yeah, i'm curious about this too. i'll make sure to keep and eye out for those pics.

-Mike
      www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

couple pics:

Comment

Comment

Thanks for the pics. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, thanks very much for the pics. Been toying with the idea of picking up another EVH and mod'ing her. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Now I know that - in addition to the refin - I'd have to route for more pickups, too. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I have been thinking of refinishing one as well, I'd like to have one that is more 'me' for playing live

Depending on what I see in 2 weeks, I'll make my decision

Comment

its really cool that it is only routed for one pickup. I'm impressed.

Comment

most likely a tooling and set up issue. easier faster smaller foot print. Just curious why would you buy one to refin it? just wondering.

Comment

I'd beleive this was due to Eddies wants/needs for tone .. Mounting the pickup right to the body,more wood (pickup route) and he has a thing about the paint having to have 1 spot in the cavity masked so the bare wood allows the guitar to breathe ...
                      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Just curious why would you buy one to refin it? just wondering.

[/ QUOTE ] My guess is because this is the only way (for now) to get a new Floyded Charvel Strat head. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                        Scott
                        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          My guess is because this is the only way (for now) to get a new Floyded Charvel Strat head. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo. I'd love it if, in a couple of weeks, Charvel does something to meet this market demand. We'll see.

Comment

Just curious, is the heel of these necks 2-1/4" like the old Charvels or 2-3/16" dimension like Fender?
                            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Just curious, is the heel of these necks 2-1/4" like the old Charvels or 2-3/16" dimension like Fender?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine is 2-3/16"

Comment

Working...
                              X