New SDs are GC Boston.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New SDs are GC Boston.....

GC Boston has 2 new pointys and a B&W EVH.

The pointys are 2 hum/ rosewood/floyd, one with RGF and one with copper snakeskin.

They were not set up but the necks were very nice (as expected). One thing that bothered me was that they used schallers with a 45 deg screw whole instead of the usual 3 o'clock hole (so you cant swap with correct gotohs).

However, for $2.2k list, I bet they will sit there for a long time.......
    "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Re: New SDs are GC Boston.....

All the new Charvies use the Schallers James,hate that....& the logoed hums too,all in the details imo!!

Comment

Schallers dont bother me Chuck, I actually prefer them sometimes, but they do make schallers with the 3 o'clock screw hole and the pointies I have seen used those instead of the 45 deg. (like on the Star s-head at Matts [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img])

With the 3 o'clock schallers, you can just swap 'em out for gotohs if you like!

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Weird. My orange custom has the Gotohs. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Maybe just because it was a custom spec? I assumed that was standard for pointies. Or maybe the switch to Schallers is a recent change?

I expected Schallers on my EVH, though. That was part of the original specs. And, IIRC, all of the strathead LEs have had Schallers.

In any event, the Schallers don't bother me one iota. I actually think they're slightly nicer tuners than Gotohs. A marginal difference, though. Gotohs are cool and very acceptable, too. ...And, yes, more "original".

I'm in total agreement about the logo'd Duncans, though. Like other manufacturers, J/C is probably stuck with Seymours standard spec, though. ...We should petition Seymour to change the logo! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Preferably have him go with small raised lettering (same color as the PU cover). Like on Dimarzios. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey James was it the Common Ave store??? If so wanta go and check out a EVH for myself...let me know which store
          www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
          My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Yeah Trace, Comm Ave Store across from BU. All three are actually hanging up high and a little to the right when you first walk in across from the cashier.

The EVH is cool looking, but the neck is too chunky and the frets too small for my taste (but you just gotta bang out eruption on one just once IMHO just to say that u did it LOL!)

Comment

Uhhmm....yeah!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Yeah Trace, Comm Ave Store across from BU. All three are actually hanging up high and a little to the right when you first walk in across from the cashier.

The EVH is cool looking, but the neck is too chunky and the frets too small for my taste (but you just gotta bang out eruption on one just once IMHO just to say that u did it LOL!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks James I will drop over tomorrow if I have time and check the EVH out. I really like to get one in my hands to see what the neck feels like with respect to the originals.

Look forward to playing one...
                www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

2 grand seems steep,maybe ill catch one wehn and if they go down or on ebay

Comment

Seems like every GC got a Copperhead.....

Comment

Working...
                    X