Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The new Charvels rock....

[ QUOTE ]
    Like the old saying goes.......Opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one!!!! Here's mine: I purchased a new Charvel pointy recently and it plays and sounds just as good as the originals. Also, didn't pay $1900.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto!

Comment

Hey guys, I was the one that was with Tim checking this Charvel out. It is the first new one I have come across. I am not saying that they are all bad or they all suck. But this one was a real shit box. The fret work was HORRIBLE and so was the setup of this guitar. I really must say that for a guitar with a price tag of $1856 the work should be alot better. Tim is just saying that for the same price you can get a Suhr or Anderson that are incredible quality. I was really dissapointed with this guitar. Im not saying I would never buy one I just think the price is nuts for a single hum solid color guitar. JMO and like stated before they are like assholes.
      Tim my brother from another mother, thanks again for a ROCKING 3 days. I really cant wait to do it again.

Comment

I own two new ones and a GuitarXpress Bulls Eye pointy and think the build quailty is great. The pointy necks feel a lot like the originals, damn near identical actually.

I will say though that the NAMM checkerboard Star had a few fret ends that needed some atttention which I was a little surprised at but overall I am very impressed with the new pointies.
        www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
        My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

right you are my man they are great!!!!

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] PLAIN AND SIMPLE jackson and charvels as with any guitar are up for subjective critisium guitars and other things in life such AS HOT ASS BABES ARE ONE GUYS BIG TIT HONEY WORKS FOR HIM ,AND SOME DUDES TIGHT ASS LIL ity lil tit PONY BLONDE WORKS FOR HIM [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]! TO EACH HIS OWN ENJOY AND remember that a cheap setup and fret level make a HUGE diff guys its worth it ! see ya , alz

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] PLAIN AND SIMPLE jackson and charvels as with any guitar are up for subjective critisium guitars and other things in life such AS HOT ASS BABES ARE ONE GUYS BIG TIT HONEY WORKS FOR HIM ,AND SOME DUDES TIGHT ASS LIL ity lil tit PONY BLONDE WORKS FOR HIM [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]!

[/ QUOTE ]
              [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Alz You ROCK!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

plkayed one at GC wasnt very impressed.but then again I dont like very many bolt ons to begin with

Comment

Well..here comes flipper!

I played four of them Wednesday, with every intention of melting a charge card if I was blown away.

I left empty handed.

They were:
                  HSS v-trem Maple board Blue
                  HSS Floyd Ebony board Black
                  HH Floyd Maple board White
                  HH v-trem Ebony board Black

I wouldn't go so far as to say they suck, but none of them impressed me enough to unlimber the old Visa.
                  While the neck shapes are spot on and all that, the GX Bullseye I had here for a little while smoked them all.

Nice guitars all, just...not exciting.

Comment

The new Charvels both rock AND suck

Let's face it guys, ALZ said it best, and his words still ring true:

"ONE GUYS BIG TIT HONEY WORKS FOR HIM, AND SOME DUDES TIGHT ASS LIL ity lil tit PONY BLONDE WORKS FOR HIM! TO EACH HIS OWN."

Comment

Re: The new Charvels both rock AND suck

Al's posts are hilariously odd, I need to see a pic of this dude! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I agree that ultimately it is an "eye of the beholder" issue. Personal preferences and taste play a large part in the music we listen to and play. The same goes for choice for guitars.

The new Charvel I purchased at GC was not setup very well at the store. I am sure that many people would pass on it because it had too much relief in the neck, the strings were set very high (then again, that is for my personal preference [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]) and it was priced high.

However, I could tell that it was solidly built, had excellent tone, and the neck shape felt great. So I got it and spent two weeks taking some relief out of the neck, lowered the sting height, put 10's on it, setup the intonation, and last night I finished setting up the d-tuna. Now it rocks beyond all compare. I suspect that if I took it back to GC and put it back on the shelf how it is now, it would not last long.

So in closing, this new Charvel may have sucked for some at GC, but it sure don’t suck now! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                        Jackson: DK1
                        Charvel: CS (CSB), SD (RGF), SD (Bullseye), SD '83 (HRF)

Comment

I just checked out a used blue lightning star w/ strathead reissue.
                          I can see why the guy returned it after 3 weeks.
                          The fret work was below average with filler falling out the ends. They still wanted 1800 for it.
                          They sold it 1ce, they might be able to find another person that just likes the strat head and doesnt pay attention until its too late. If thats a average finished product, they aint gonna last imo.
                          I wouldnt say it totaly sucked in a plywood POS kind of way but it wasnt worth anywhere near what they want for them.

Comment

I have a reish and it is great. They do want too much $$$ for them in my opinion though. The single hum, Floyd, pointy's should be about 1K, no more. I also bought a new PRS CE24 recently which cost me the same as the Charvel. On the surface, It was a much better value in my opinion. BUT the Charvel has a certain mojo the PRS doesn't have. It's hard for me to explain.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I wouldnt say it totaly sucked in a plywood POS kind of way but it wasnt worth anywhere near what they want for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I'm sayin. If it was just a set-up issue, that's an easy fix. But I've had enough guitars in my 43 years to be able to see past the usual horrible store set-up on a guitar and tell the difference between a purebred and a hound.

I'm as much of a Charvel cheerleader as anybody, and can afford a new one if I wanted it. I really wanted to buy a new Charvel, but alas, I left empty handed.

Comment

Just my 2 cents....and please understand I am not trying to be condescending with my comments.

We can't be responsible for how a guitar is treated once it leaves the factory. To judge any product that has been used and possibly not properly cared for, then assume that brand new instruments come off the line that way is unrealistic and unfair.

If a dealer has any guitar, regardless of brand or price, in his store in poor condition, up on the wall and presented for sale, I would leave that store and never look back.

I wish you guys could see the time and care each J/C employee gives in building our stuff every day. Some of you JCFr's have been to the factory and met our staff. I'm sure you would agree that they work hard every day to "keep the faith".

Regarding price, how many USA made guitars that are hand built are $1000 ??? In 1980, a basic Charvel was $880 list price. In today's dollars, that equals about $1800 (that's based on Bureau of Labor statistics and the Consumer Price Index, just in case you wanted to check my math). The "street" price on a USA Standard Charvel in a standard finish is below $1800. I'm not sure how anyone can expect these guitars be to around $1000.

The guitars we build today are better quality than anything produced by Jackson and Charvel in the past. This has been confirmed by not only rabid "screw counter" collectors, but also by Tim Wilson, Mike Eldred, and Mike Shannon. We stand behind them and we will do our best to remedy manufacturing defects to the original owner, should they arise.

Comment

Working...
                                X