The new Charvels suck....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The new Charvels both rock AND suck

Shawn, this is the first I've heard about your certificate issue. Send me a private message with the guitar info, your snail mail addy, etc. I'll get with Kotzen and take care of it.

My apologies for the hassle.

Comment

Shoot the majority of people that bought the anniversarys have this problem. One of Shawns guitars used to be mine and getting a certificate was like beating a dead horse. I'm really surprised no one else has chimed in yet on this subject. The ones that got cert's got ones for other guitars also.

On a differant subject I bought what is suppossed to be the last one of a gibson shaped guitar model and have been trying for almost a year to get verifaction on that from fmic consumer affairs.I know I bought and paid for the guitar but I think $4200 paid for a guitar should buy a little after sale respect for some one in the custom shop to look in the books to just give Me an answer. You used to be able to call or email the custom shop and get a quick and decisive answer,but unfortionately that is a thing of the past.
      Is there maybe an angle I can use to maybe finally get an answer?
      On the point of low quality charvels,I dont agree with that at all! I own 5 of the new ones(all custon shops) and havent played a bad one yet. I have however went and played a few suhr's and while I think they are a good guitar there is no way that they come close to the new charvels I own.If I was impressed with them I'd own several. I chose to own none.
      Custom Shop Charvel Build Quality in My opinion is second to none.Getting any answers or missing cert's however can use a lot of work.
      Just My 2 cents
      Custom Shop-There is no substitute!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Shawn, this is the first I've heard about your certificate issue. Send me a private message with the guitar info, your snail mail addy, etc. I'll get with Kotzen and take care of it.

My apologies for the hassle.

[/ QUOTE ]

John, no apologies necessary, its not like it was your idea to ship them this way. If it was, I imagine your time spent as marketing Manager would be short lived. I pm'ed you the info. I appreciate your presence here and appreciate any and all help you can give in this matter.

Also be aware that there are a dozen or so people in the same or similar boat regarding 25th's on this board. I hope they can be helped as well. Afetr mine is done, of course... [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Shawn
        Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

I know this might shatter your image about the chlorine being so desireable, but i didn't get a certificate either..... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I know this might shatter your image about the chlorine being so desireable, but i didn't get a certificate either..... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are one of the people I was referring to in my post.

Shawn
            Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I wish you guys could see the time and care each J/C employee gives in building our stuff every day.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't have to convince me of that. I have had my new Charvel for three weeks now and have examined it thoroughly. It is quit obvious that someone at the factory paid great attention to this guitar. It is solidly built, the finish is excellent, and it plays great!

Please extend my thanks to everyone at the factory. I know everyone has some bad days, but Jackson/Charvel turn out some of the best guitars there have ever been - then and now.

But wait, maybe I can thank them in person. I would be very happy to comply with your wish and see for myself the effort put in to making the guitars. If we could construe your "wish" as an invite, maybe we could get a JCF field trip going. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Wishful thinking on my part no doubt! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Jackson: DK1
              Charvel: CS (CSB), SD (RGF), SD (Bullseye), SD '83 (HRF)

Comment

I received my new Charvel today. I can’t believe I am going to say this but I have to send it back. My problem could be a combination of QC and it sitting in a shop for close to a year. When I opened the case the first thing I noticed was the bar pulling forward. I also noticed a post leaning forward. I decided to remove the bar to investigate. I was right the top insert hole was drilled crocked. The bottom post was worst. It was sticking up out of the body by 3/8th of an inch with a guitar string or strings wedged between the post insert and the body. After calling the shop just after closing time I email the sales guy and enclosing pix. I decided to set it up and play it to check out the neck and pickups. I only played for about a minute and but it back in the case. The bottom insert was so high out of the body you could not lower the action to make it playable. I am so disappointed. I really wanted this guitar.
                Just one more guitar!

Comment

Wow. Got any pics? It sat in a shop for a year??

Comment

Here is a pic. Check out the guitar strings sticking out the back of the bottom post insert and how mangled the post looks.
                    Just one more guitar!

Comment

What Charvel is that with flames and a dimarzio pickup?

Shawn
                      Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

OMG...does anybody even look at these guitars before they go out the door?

Here are some choice quotes:

"I wish you guys could see the time and care each J/C employee gives in building our stuff every day."

"The guitars we build today are better quality than anything produced by Jackson and Charvel in the past. This has been confirmed by not only rabid "screw counter" collectors, but also by Tim Wilson, Mike Eldred, and Mike Shannon. We stand behind them and we will do our best to remedy manufacturing defects to the original owner, should they arise."

Well, I guess if I was a Marketing Guy, I would say the same things...but I sure would take a look at the product before making those statements.

Don't shoot the messenger!

Comment

Given that it's been sitting in a shop for over a year, perhaps it didn't "go out the door" that way?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Given that it's been sitting in a shop for over a year, perhaps it didn't "go out the door" that way?

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

This is something that would have slipped by QC at any company.
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

Just got off the phone w/ my sales guy, he told me to send it back. This was the 2004 Summer NAMM BGF Star guitar.
                              Just one more guitar!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                Just got off the phone w/ my sales guy, he told me to send it back. This was the 2004 Summer NAMM BGF Star guitar.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] Interesting...possibly damaged at NAMM or a similar event and quickly repaired, that repair going forgotten until now? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X