I need opinions ASAP.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need opinions ASAP.

Hey guys, I ordered a KV2 recently and if I dont like it I'm going to send it back in exchange for either a Jackson Soloist or a Charvel Star....Opinions on which one I should get if the KV2 doesnt live up to my expectations? Thanks all. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Re: I need opinions ASAP.

Basically what I mean is: which one would you prefer and why. I'm asking you guys just cause I have NO good guitar stores where I live. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

A Soloist and a Star are very different beasts - at the most fundamental level one is neck-thru, the other bolt-on.

The neck profiles are different, soloists are bound 24 fret, stars unbound 22. If you want a vintage trem, maple board, dots, single hum etc the star is the only std option...

I'd say play em side by side, but as you can't, you have to decide what body style and specs you ideally want and go from there.
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

One thing to keep in mind with a Star and a Soloist you can play sitting down [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Yes and no, if you come from a classical "school" a V is no problem sitting at all [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I do come from a classical school actually, that being said, I try to play megadeth on classical guitars...lol. Does anybody know the width at like the 3rd and the 12th fret (or however they do it) on a star?

Comment

Which Star? The RI s-head or the pointy? The pointy use the same as any SD charvel (mostly - there are some expections) as they kept the specs the same. Maybe if you call and ask Matt's Music real nice, Matt will measure the RI for you.
              "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Well I ask about the necks because I'll probably slap a charvel neck on a warmoth body, because warmoth can shave down the heel and give you better upper fret access. To add to that, I can get a floyd rose or a hardtail star through warmoth as well.

Comment

Working...
                X