Old Jackson/Charvel custom shop vs new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Jackson/Charvel custom shop vs new

New to the thread here, and was wondering what you guys think of the new custom shop Jacksons and Charvels vs the originals. I have an old SD EVH model that I bought used (was refinished in purple, neck replaced with a Jackson CS, and p'ups added) years ago that I loooove. I'm considering purchasing a new one, but I'm wanting the old school Charvel neck...alder Strat body (distressed finish), H-S-H w/pickguard, reverse Strat head(finished same as body) w/ Jackson logo and maple neck, Floyd. Do the new one's hold up?? And, Anyone know if it would be possible to send in my original to have them match certain features (weight, body shape, etc)???

Thanks for the help!
    Dday

Re: Old Jackson/Charvel custom shop vs new

<font color="yellow">Well, as for right now, this second, the Strathead option isn't available from Charvel, only on the limited runs of the EVH and now the PC-1 is sporting it.

It's not a Custom Shop Option at this time, it may be in the future, dunno.

Outside of that, Charvel/Jackson may be able to help you out with your endeavor.

Unfortunately, in the age of mega-lawsuits, many companies have had to curb and rethink their product lines to avoid lengthy/expensive court battles with the larger companies.

For a short term fix, you may be able to scrounge up the original parts from E-Bay and construct it yourself and have it sent off for refin.

Good luck. </font>

Comment

Could you post some pics of your modded EVH? You know, those are the Holy Grails of SD Charvels. If it is, in fact, a real striped EVH model you may want to consider restoring it to original.....

Mike
      Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] lets see same guys for the most part exept grover and wayne and with TIM WILSON AND MIKE SHANNON AND others under the same roof they really i feel cant go wrong ! good times are back the NEW JACKSON PC1 COLLEN STRATHEAD RULES ! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] they did them right then they do em right now THE CUSTOM SHOP RULES i feel like theres more goodtimes ahead and who knows maybe someday i hope to order my dream stratdead charvel ! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] its all good old and new i say buy 10 OLD CHARVELS AND 10 NEW ONES AND ENJOY [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]LIFE ! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] see ya later guys , alz

Comment

Here's the link with a few photos, and my Wayne prototype. This is my first time to try this, so let me know if it works (I'm a computer moron!).

http://community.webshots.com/myphot...5574&ran=18168

Comment

Linky No Worky.

You may have to make your album public so that other people can view it. I just got the home page for the site.

Mike
            Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Mike-
              I checked to make sure the link is public (ran it through again). It shows to be, and I also clicked on the link myself and it popped up. Try again when you have time, and anyone else for the matter! Once I can get it rolling, I have several other US Jacksons I'll throw on there.

Dday

Comment

no worky Bro. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Sorry, I got nothin'
                    "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No truer words have been spoken!

Comment

http://community.webshots.com/user/ddayguido

One more try from the computer stupid!

Dday

Comment

Link worky. Damn that Charvie has seen action!
                          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Working...
                          X