Tracing ownership history....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracing ownership history....

In the Brad Gillis thread in the "Guitars by other Manufacturers" section, I had discussed how I was browsing the "collect guitars" website and saw a guitar that is pretty close to my own San Dimas strathead. I'm sure I've posted my story about how I got my guitar, but here it is again from my site:
    [ QUOTE ]
    I purchased this guitar in from Angus Clark. He was on tour with Trans-Siberian Orchestra, after the show the cast members of TSO assemble in the entryway of the venue to meet and greet the fans who stay. After I approached Angus, we quickly started discussing Charvels and Jacksons. When the legendary "strat-head" charvel was mentioned, he said that he had this guitar. He gave me info on how to contact him, and after he completed the tour, we started working out the deal.

<font size=-2>**Middle pickup position routed for a single coil and then covered up. Angus states that the work was done by legendary luthier, Roger Sadowski.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a distinct possibility that they're different guitars, but they're pretty close...

His...

Mine... (via Angus Clark)

Well, I tracked the guy down and have e-mailed him. So far I know that he sold his guitar to a guy in New York. Angus is from New York. It may possibly be the same guitar.

Has anyone else come across this type of thing? Let's hear your stories..
    Occupy JCF

Re: Tracing ownership history....

Tekky the first guitar you posted is Dave H's old one (it used to be up on collect guitars site under Dick Mcgee I think that is the name he used). It had a flat mount kahler on it at one time and has a few extra screw holes on body a and headstock face. Also different tuners.

Yours has the plate between the pickups covering up a middle single coil mod correct??

I have the serials here somewhere if ya need them.

Cheers
    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

No need, as I stated before, I have already contacted him.
      Occupy JCF

Comment

found them 1821 and 1837 are the two serials I have noted...
        www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
        My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

I don't think a lot of those sites get updated. I'm willing to bet its the same guitar with the pickups changed. Some of those guys on collectguitars.com don't own all of the guitars but they still have the pictures. I could have a collection of 1 guitar, take a picture, sell it, buy another, take a picture, sell it...etc..etc

I know for a lot of those guitars are no longer owned byt the people who they say have them on that site [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Most people, myself included don't keep their sites updated [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

As much as I hate to admit it. Tracy is right. They are not the same guitar.

You've got a point Shawn about that site not being kept up to date. Brad K. has a profile on that site too and I think just half of his guitars are on it. He and I have been talking about me building a page for him on my site with his guitars. He's in the process of snapping pictures, so it may happen soon.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

That is interesting. It seems pretty rare to find 2 Charvels that are so similar. They all seem to have something unique about them.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Yours has the plate between the pickups covering up a middle single coil mod correct??

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it does. This is one of those rare times where the picture does do the guitar justice. She's beat up, but she's still got mojo.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

Tekky

Love that guitar
                  It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Working...
                  X