Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another EVH Limited Run??

The Charvel page has a press release (July 2004) that reads the following:

"In addition to the new Charvel EVH Art Series guitars, the Charvel Custom Shop will introduce a limited run of guitars that will be faithful recreations of Edward’s classic red guitar with black and white stripes. The Charvel Custom Shop will work closely with Van Halen to create no more than 100 pieces, all of which will replicate the original down to every detail, including original specifications, as well as its nicks, scratches and wear marks. More details with regards to pricing and availability will be forthcoming."

Are these different than the ones being sold now?

If so does anyone know when they will be available?

Re: Another EVH Limited Run??

[ QUOTE ]
    as well as its nicks, scratches and wear marks.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is definately different from tha Art Series. They are getting the Relic treatment !!
    Oh stick this in your fuse box ..... Bon Scott

Comment

Better start saving your pennies for that one..........I can only imagine..

Shawn
      Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

I have a buddy who wants one. He may buy and Art series as well. We are trying to determine if these are going to happen or not.

Comment

We've been waiting a year for some more info on these, I've been on the waiting list at my AD since then. No one seems to know if they are still going to happen or not. Based on past fender relic pieces, expect a price (purely guessing here) of aroung $15,000. So as Shawn said, if your serious, be prepared to pay.
          Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

This sounds like what the Fender Custom Shop did with the SRV #1. They built a limited number of 100 and they sold for around $15,000. I hope that's not what they are going to do. I heard this about a year ago but I was afraid if I said anything my post would have been deleted.

Comment

I heard awhile back that they would be $10k-$15k
              Thats a lot of $$$$
              T o rich for me-but I would like to have a pre-pro evh stripped though [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Whether you have the money or not, its ridiculous....A custom shop replica of his strat is worth more than one he hand striped and played?

Right.....

Shawn
                Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

All the Charvel EVH guitars are surrounded by controversy. On other forums all you here is bitching about the production pieces, too expensive "you can make one yourself for a 1/4 of what they charge" "oooh it's basswood" blah blah blah. All I can say is that if you haven't held one then do yourself a favor and go find one, these guitars are really more than the sum of their parts. Concerning the other 2 (the hand striped EVH played and the relic) well those pieces are more collectors pieces, the people who buy those are most likely huge fans who will display or put those pieces away(whether or not they will increase in value, who knows). I do agree with Shawn, I think the hand striped pieces would be the more collectable of the 2.
                  Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]
                    as well as its nicks, scratches and wear marks.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is definately different from tha Art Series. They are getting the Relic treatment !!

[/ QUOTE ]
                    yeah, is it just me or is doing this to a new guitar really stupid? fake wear? please. not only is it silly, it is damaging a nice new guitar. if I'm going to spend the cash on one of these, how about I get the opportunity to put my own marks on the thing? the last thing I'd pay $$ for is a guitar with fake wear on it. yeeesh. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] yES yes yes [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] more strathead charvels [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] now everybody gets one , way cool , i wana get on asap man and party and bash the hell outa em setem up shave the necks if needed leval the frets if needed and go crazy ! sounds hella cool , see ya , ALZ

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I do agree with Shawn, I think the hand striped pieces would be the more collectable of the 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1! $15k for a relic? [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] now, maybe $10K.....! [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, I never understood the whole relic thing either. I'm not going to knock anyone for getting one, though. If that's what they want, then they deserve to get one. Plus, anything that brings more attention to Strat head Charvels can't be all bad, right?

Comment

I am not big on relicing either. However, I think this proposed EVH model is a bit different because it is an attempted to make it just like Eddie's and his is beat up so...

So it sounds like there is nothing concrete yet with this series eh? Maybe he will have to pick up a RWB Art series in the mean time.

Comment

who is EVH? I'm gona get one and have it refinnished to look brand new [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                              X