Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EVH Art Series \"discussion\" at VHLinks

[ QUOTE ]
    Eddy Wow, Your going to have to change your motto under your avatar To JCF "I Have No Life" after typing all that! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Yea,what you have been discussing is correct. I try to stay off those sites (Fan type) and stick to more specific sites like this one. This is a "most excellent site" (spoken with San Dimas High accent).
    Speaking of guitar woods, one interesting item that comes to mind is that Steve Vai chose Basswood over other materials for his signature instrument also. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks man, "no life to leather, duuuuude.....rad man" (in best Valley accent) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] ...and yeah, I spend waaaay too much time trying to "educate" the ignorant.... [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

Comment

Just to let you know,A Steve Vai Ibanez Jem7vwh is made of alder, with a thin layer of basswood on top so the white paint won't yellow over time.... And Ed, you gotta stop posting over there! There just not listening to us......... [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]
      "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Just to let you know,A Steve Vai Ibanez Jem7vwh is made of alder, with a thin layer of basswood on top so the white paint won't yellow over time.... And Ed, you gotta stop posting over there! There just not listening to us......... [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
        Hmm Interesting! I would figure the reverse to be true especially when using a nitrocellulous lacquer. Basswood usually has those nasty mineral green streaks in the grain. I figured Ibanez wouldn't feel that was necessary. I thought the finish on the Jem was a polyurethane which basically is a neutral epoxy finish? No? Maybe they are using Nitro that will age anyway.
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
        X