LPC's Strathead!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LPC\'s Strathead!

Damn Monte..I feel guilty that you have to send it away so soon....

Keep it for a few more months...Sam wont mind a bit....he will forget about it after a few days....just like the green HRF...right Chuck???

Mrs LPC

Comment

Great score Sam, that looks awesome with either pickguard!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Keep it for a few more months...Sam wont mind a bit....he will forget about it after a few days....just like the green HRF...right Chuck???

Mrs LPC

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="yellow">Ya know, I truly do love her...but the term "justifiable homocide" comes to mind [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

So, Monte....if you don't mind bro....tell me how she plays and feels bro.... </font>

Comment

hell of a score ! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

let us know how it plays after you get it in your hands.

Comment

Excellent score - one day I'll be in the SD strathead club, but I think I'll have to wait for my lotto numbers to come up [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Very nice score. Congrats and enjoy!

Comment

Sam....she plays great. It has the feel of a san dimas neck and all the vibe too.

You are going to love it....it is a great score. You will not be disappointed....believe me.

But hey....Mrs Sam said I can hold onto it for a little longer.....hahahaha.

Don't worry bro...getting a box today...should be at UPS this evening....good to go!

Monte

Comment

most excellent score! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]

Mrs LPC

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="yellow">Ya know, I truly do love her...but the term "justifiable homocide" comes to mind [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

So, Monte....if you don't mind bro....tell me how she plays and feels bro.... </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Sam, I'll you know on Monday. Monte is sending it here first. I think Fritzreiser is next [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

ok,here's the story:

I was at the store the day this one was pulled from the case!!A manager,at a now defunct local store,ordered this one after seeing a 60s custom color Burgundy Purple Mist strat on a poster from a guitar magazine,he spec'ed it just like the original but with the modern Emgees &amp; Floyd!!

Later,he hadn't been working there for awhile by this time,I was shocked to see it for sale &amp; jumped!!Eventually I traded it &amp; unfortunately the next owner stripped the original paint off,modded the original pickguard for an Emgee hum &amp; replaced the original brass strap buttons w/strap locks &amp; the knobs with white plastic Fender type(ugghh!!??!!)!!
                      Ten years later I get a call from the same store I traded it too,the same dude had come in(iirc the owner said it was his first time back since he bought the guitar!!LOL!!)&amp; had traded it towards an import acoustic,banjo &amp; mandolin looking to get into country music!! !!
                      I sent it to GMW for the refin back to BPM while I looked for correct parts to restore it &amp; did but eventually wanted a Holdsworth vibe so made a new one hum black pickguard &amp; installed a Duncan 59'!!

It is a great player,very smooth feel!!Congrats Sam,you have wanted this one for a long time....I hope you like it now &amp; aren't dissapointed when you get it after all this build up!!&amp; no Sam,you are NOT good at patience!!

It currently has the one hum black pickguard config but imo a white pickguard w/one zebra(black/creme)hum &amp; a creme SC,one brass knob &amp; a three way would be killer!!

&amp; thanx Monte,Kev &amp; Sam,always cool to know an old friend is gone to a good home &amp; will be loved &amp; well taken care of!!Really very much appreciated bros!!

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]!!

Comment

<font color="yellow">Chuck:

Thanks for the detailed history of 4110 [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I am leaning more and more towards the white pickguard and a Hum/Single config......thinking a Duncan Custom bucker and an old school type single....maybe a DiMarzio YJM or something....I dunno yet......but I love the brass on the white against the BPM [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

I still can't believe that this happened....way too cool....and, there's more on the way [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks to Chuck, Monte, and Kev L [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

Thanx you Sam!!

I'll send the brass strat input dish Monday a.m.!!

Comment

Sweet score Sam, congratulations. I like it better with the black pickguard tho but you cant beat a strathead charvel with a floyd in my book [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                            shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

It currently has the one hum black pickguard config but imo a white pickguard w/one zebra(black/creme)hum & a creme SC,one brass knob & a three way would be killer!!
                              I'll send the brass strat input dish Monday a.m.!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do these set of mods sound so familiar? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Congrats, Sam! She looks awesome! Play the heck out of her! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X