Charvel v-trems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel v-trems

What type of v-trrem were in the original Charvels. Brass or steel? Anybody got any good pix?
    Just one more guitar!

Re: Charvel v-trems

brass
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Yup,brass with a straight steel bar....

http://www.jcfonline.com/gallery/cha...-pics/1368.jpg

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

some of the early trem bars had a slight bend in the bar (not completely straight). Also some of the bars were black in color opposed to the commonly seen steel color.

Here are some pics (note difference in the saddles).

Also some Charvels had a DiMarizo v-trem, chrome in color and made from steel IIRC.
        www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
        My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

I noticed the Holdsworth strats had the steel Dimarzio V trem.

Comment

Its funny how most everybody in the early 80's wanted to trash these and either Floyd or Kahler their Charvels.

Now some wish they had their old brass bridge back. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

some of the early trem bars had a slight bend in the bar (not completely straight). Also some of the bars were black in color opposed to the commonly seen steel color.

Also some Charvels had a DiMarizo v-trem, chrome in color and made from steel IIRC.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">Thanks for the info, Trace. So did the type of bridge/bridge saddles, denote the year of the Charvel or at least the era of Charvel, or were they just using whatever they had in stock at the time? </font>
              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                Notice the top picture where the saddles appear as brass castings (less expensive to make) and the second picture looks like they were machined from brass bar stock.
                What do ya think Budman?
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

<font color="aqua">agreed, bro but they could both be castings and one is just a better quality casting. Good eye, my friend- [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] </font>
                  Dave ->

Comment

I've had a few that you could still see the mill marks in ..
                    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I've had a few that you could still see the mill marks in ..

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">Thanks Kev, can you shed any light on what period certain bridges were used or were they using whatever was in stock? </font>
                      Dave ->

Comment

Thanks for all the info guys.
                        Does anybody make these anymore or would I need to keep my eyes open for a used one?
                        Just one more guitar!

Comment

I think I have one left, I'll check my parts and get back to you.

Comment

Please let me know if you do.
                            Just one more guitar!

Comment

I've been meaning to ask about these. I know a lot of guys here want them on Charvies (or GMWs) and I'm just wondering why? Not being a smart-ass just wondering what the appeal is because it doesn't look like a trem that would stay in tune.
                              Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Working...
                              X