• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Charvel v-trems

Tone. The sound is monsterous!

Comment

they will stay in tune just fine if you've got a smooth flowing nut and locking tuners

Comment

Well...provided you don't stuff the trem bar into the face of the guitar.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Its funny how most everybody in the early 80's wanted to trash these and either Floyd or Kahler their Charvels.

Now some wish they had their old brass bridge back. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The key to your statement is "SOME" [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. I like my kalhers and floyds just find thanks!

Cool info though as usual.
          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

I love brass trems and hardtails. I've been scouring ebay but to no avail so far.

Tyler

Comment

sandimasbrass.com makes replica brass v-trems. I have one. It's really good, but not quite 100% accurate. The saddle slot is oval instead of coming to a rounded point like the 2nd picture above. And the back of the saddle block is squared off instead of rounded. You'd really have to hold it side by side with a real v-trem to see that though.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

<font color="aqua"> so I'm guessing nobody knows the answer to my question? Maybe there is no answer..... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]</font>
                Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  <font color="aqua"> so I'm guessing nobody knows the answer to my question? Maybe there is no answer..... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

From my understanding they used whatever was handy... but I´m no expert on SD Charvels [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[Thanks for the info, Trace. So did the type of bridge/bridge saddles, denote the year of the Charvel or at least the era of Charvel, or were they just using whatever they had in stock at the time? </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Dimarzio were used for the holdsworth models.

Mainly used Gotohs til the end.Some odd balls out there if the guitar was left handed.Ive seen other brands of bridges for them.Sometimes if they were out of something, someone would head to the pawnshop and buy something off the wall to get the part and ship the guitar.

Comment

<font color="aqua">thank you, sir - [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
                      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Who runs that San Dimas Brass site?

Comment

Your welcome Dave!

Uh-oh, managemnts here........shhhhhhhh be vewy vewy qwuiet.....

Not sure who runs that site, my guess that its someone who used to hang out here. Unless san dimas brass only makes stripper poles,lol.

Comment

I emailed them the other day and haven't heard anything back yet. The body I want the trem for wont be here for a couple of days still, so still. I wonder how much he sales those trems for?
                            Just one more guitar!

Comment

What is the normal spead on the outside drill holes? I was lookings at some trems and they all said 2-1/8 to 1/16.
                              Just one more guitar!

Comment

The reason I was asking is because mine measures 2-1/4. I hope I wont have a hard time finding one that will fit.
                                Just one more guitar!

Comment

Working...
                                X