Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Charvel 25th anniversary.. questions

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, I can't speak for the 25th, but the neck on my EVH is totally different from my (former) Bullseye.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can speak from all three, and the EVH neck is def different. Love it, but different. I think I answered this for you on another post, to me, it feels somewhat like the EB EVH neck.

Shawn
    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

these are solid guitars. i can drop about a whole step confidantly with the trem and the tone is amazing.

Comment

oh yeah mine is number 79. here it is in an older group photo of mine:

Comment

I have a 25th, a couple EVH's, and had a bullseye. All three feel different. And none of them feel exactly like the old SD Stratheads (not that those all felt the same either).

The 25th is really close - in fact given the variance in the early Charvels this neck may be dead on to one of them.

The EVH is clearly not a traditional Charvel neck carve at all - I think it feels great though - just not like an old Charvel.

The bullseye was a bit odd to me - it's a wide neck but the neck shape didn't feel quite right to me - it's like a shallow C - like it's missing just a bit of something on the outside of the neck. The best way for me to describe it is that it would have been perfect if they'd have trimmed it to a slightly narrower nut width and kept the rest of the shape as is. The neck felt really good in some positions but not across the board for me.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Oh, and none of them feel like a Fender BTW. So even in the unlikely event that the Fender fellows made any of them, they didn't make a Fender.
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

People keep saying that the old s-heads are so different.

I have determined after playing about 20 of them that they are alot more consistent then certain people would have us believe.
              "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                People keep saying that the old s-heads are so different.

I have determined after playing about 20 of them that they are alot more consistent then certain people would have us believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they WERE more consistent than most have us believe, now you have necks with 25 years of wear. The difference in amount of playing time on each alone over 25 years will give you some pretty significant variations.

The neck on my EVH MusicMan is more worn than most I've played and feels diffferent. That was about half a dozen years of being my main axe worth of wear, those necks were dead on the same guitar to guitar at the start.

I had a 25th and have EVH Charvels, completely different necks, the EVH is rounder and skinnier, the 25th wider and flatter to put it simply. The EVH necks are very consistent.

Comment

I love not having big ass hang-ups about necks..Old, versus new, blah, blah, blah...That way, I get to own and like them all!

Shawn
                  Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Arent you one of the guys begging to buy an old s-head on a certain other forum [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] (just jokes)
                    "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Working...
                    X