Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Custom order Charvel

[ QUOTE ]
    My ears were ringing, did someone mention EVH's? I have a few EVH's here if anyone is interested... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

After I read this, I had a strange thought...what is the rule on a dealer pimpin' their stuff in the classifieds? Just curious, because I know that the dealers already have their own section. I could see Matt (hypothetically of course) sell one of his own personal axes in the classifieds, even though he is a dealer.

I know I'll step away from the bong now and try not to think anymore [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      does anyone know that if charvel still does that classic script logo? the one that looks like the jackson logo?

[/ QUOTE ]

the toothpaste logo? that was on imports only, but i'm sure you can get it on an order. seems a little odd that someone would want it, but more power to ya!
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

This is one sweet custom and thats how you do a custom.
        The pics are stunning.
        Take a look.
        http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...&page=1#530362
        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Interesting thing about the pricelist, on the option list under headstock it says "Charvel Pointy or San Dimas". The San Dimas would be a strathead would it not? Its odd that they have it on their price list/option list when they don't offer it?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Interesting thing about the pricelist, on the option list under headstock it says "Charvel Pointy or San Dimas". The San Dimas would be a strathead would it not?

[/ QUOTE ]

It would not. That's referring to the strat-ish old PC1-style headstock shape.

Comment

The only San Dimas option I saw on the quote form was for neck profile. I am waiting untill Namm to see if they anouce the strathead option in the custom shop I have a feeling they will.

Comment

If they do start offering "strat head" option through custom shop. WQith out a doubt, there will be a surge of sales for sure.
                Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

I have a feeling they will as well but they will need to hire some more builders cause as Soap said, there will be ALOT of players wanting a new custom strathead.

I was quite suprised going through the quote form that by and large Charvels are cheaper than a bolt on Jackson. The upcharges vary slightly than Jackson tending towards the higher side but if you chose your options carefully Charvels are actually cheaper. Not knowing the charvel custom process was different I had already specced out a quote for a Charvel in the future, taking the same guitar and removing the one single coil pickup (one humbucker being the standard with no upcharge) the price was several hundred cheaper than the same guitar using a Jackson quote form.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I have a feeling they will as well but they will need to hire some more builders cause as Soap said, there will be ALOT of players wanting a new custom strathead.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think they will be hiring anytime soon it would be against what Jackson is about. Also more employees would just slow them down as they would just be getting in the way and they just moved to a bigger building. Jackson is pround of the fact that many of their employees are the original ones from San Dimas. They definatley wont start farming out the work like BC Rich did or Dean and have an outside company like Wilkinson guitars make them that would also be against Jackson/Charvel business ethic.

Comment

Well they definitely won't outsource or hire mexican slave workers ala BC Rich, that much I agree on. However at some point you have to meet demand, if the sales of Charvels jump drastically due to the allowing of stratheads then I would not be suprised if they hire some more experienced luthiers. Moving to the bigger room would theoretically give them more room to expand if necessary. Also keep in mind that Charvel is only a portion of the custom shop, its Jackson as well so though you might be right about them not wanting to hire new employees, I can definitely see it happening if wait times get crazy due to a influx of strathead orders.

Comment

Wait times are crazy.
                        Never going to happen with them hiring more luthiers I will put money on that. They can double in size if they wanted to right now with the crazy demand.

Comment

Working...
                        X