No announcement yet.

Badseed Meets Michael Sweet/Stryper!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Badseed Meets Michael Sweet/Stryper!!

[ QUOTE ]
    How ironic that since Dave has sold out to the Man he's now meeting and greeting more rock stars than ever before!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well.....TRUE!

Although selling out is code for "successful" in my mind.Im not there yet, although i do look like a rock n roll accountant [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I've been fortunate enough to meet many of the bands that i grew up on.Stryper was a favorite until In god...Didnt care for that one, but i came back with against the law.

The 1st show i saw them on the soldiers tour, i went with all my rocker friends.My friend Joe in particular was so moved, he cut his hair, stated going to church and cut out the rock lifestyle altogether. Saw him the other night and he is now Pastor Joe !

Comment

Great story [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        One really cool thing when we were leaving the mall he said i made life on the road for the day real easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an interesting comment and I had a similar comment made to me back in '88 from an famous artist on the road. The road is tough on some people, especially those that have families back at home. It seems all too stale and lonely sometimes even if you have your bandmates with you on the road. Even though those guy's have a mission and one that is honorable, the day to day travel routine can get one down. Travel by bus or plane, then Hotel, eating out all the time, go to the venue, sound check, wait around, then the show, then start all over. You gave Mike a "time out" and a diversion from the hum drum part of the road.
        You were blessed to be there and you blessed Mike at the same time.
        Great Story and thanks for sharing. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

bengal,
        i understand what you are saying 100%, and you are right on the money, but i'd take that life anytime, say when and i'd be there if i was still a player. anytime. i say this because i know that i would be the headache that the rest of the band and crew would want to get away from being with everyday listening to me yapping away like a kookbat. i'm still 5 years old.
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Yeah, but your OUR kookbat.

Comment

kookbats are fun.
            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Yeah not huge into Stryper, but that sounds like such an awesome story for anyone who runs into a band they love [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

That is a great story. It's so great to see these guys that are actually cool.

Comment

Great story and pics. Talk about being in the right place at the right time.
                  Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

I got a chance to meet everyone in Stryper except Michael Sweet when they played Mulcahy's in NY. Thye announced he wasn't feeling well, and could come out to meet the fans. Damn! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
                    Nice pics though.

slevy007

Comment

Michael lives around here and has been in the shop a few times. Last time he came in he was all excited because we had an old Boogie MKIIC+ head on the floor. He had to play through it because that's what they used to use as their main amps.

He's a groovy guy and a great player!
                      Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Right on Matt, thats a cool story.

Comment

I remember seeing Mike's yellow and black rhodes with a charvel logo in an old ad. If this is correct then he did have at least one old charvel. I will look for the ad/pic I saw it in.

Comment

Great band, great story, great people. Thanks for posting this!

Comment

Originally posted by miller View Post
                              I remember seeing Mike's yellow and black rhodes with a charvel logo in an old ad. If this is correct then he did have at least one old charvel. I will look for the ad/pic I saw it in.
                              This thread's been dead for almost three years. We get you're a Stryper fan boy. Now stop digging up every old thread about them!
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

*Rob Halford runs in yet again*

"REEEESSSSUUUUURRRREEEEECCCTTTTIIOOOONNN!!!"

*Halford Leaves*
                                "Dear Dr. Bill,
                                I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Working...
                                X