Badseed Meets Michael Sweet/Stryper!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Badseed Meets Michael Sweet/Stryper!!

<font color="yellow"> Here's the pics,Badseed will fill in the details.... </font>

[img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img] <font color="yellow"> !! </font> [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] <font color="yellow"> !! </font>

Re: Badseed Meets Michael Sweet/Stryper!!

Nice tie Davey [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

That is a cool pic, what's the scoop [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

very cool pics....
      www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
      My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

last thursday jason at DCGL called to tell me that Michael Sweet called looking to get a rocktron pedal to boost his lead tone,said his sounded like a buzz saw.They were closing and mike said he'd be there in the morning.

So were hanging out and comes this Yellow cab.Chris jokingly says "there he is". I laughed and said, he isnt going to show up in a yellow car.I was wrong, it was the yellow and black cab attack!!

He comes into the store and was blown away by all the custom guitars in stock.He said that he just doesnt see many of these shops while on tour.He called Oz to come down but he never did.Mike brought his gibson he is using to gauge the sound through one of his guitars.He needed another guitar with a BL or dimebucker since his V has that in it.Chris suggested that i have him use mine since it has the Bill Lawerence in it. He jamed on it for a few minutes while comparing a rocktron metal planet? pedal and a sans amp.He went with the rocktron, and used it for the show that night.

When he was getting ready to leave i asked if i could get a pic of us together with my guitar and he said no problem.He then asked what i was doing for the next 20 minutes, and hit me up for a ride back the hotel so they didnt have to wait for a cab. I said sure, acting cool, but i was stoked for sure.

On the way to the hotel he aksed if i could take him to a starbucks, his treat.THe only one i could remember was in the mall by the hotel so thats where we went.

I hanged with him for about 2 hours, talking about all the guitars he's had and some of the hollywood days.Too cool.

I took him back to the hotel and met oz and robert and the new bass player Tracie.All were very cool , robert thatnked me for driving his brother around.Michael told Oz that i have Marc ferrari's old guitar and had the famous ad with me.Oz laughed and said that the head of jackson called him and said that , sorry, but we chose the best pic", i told oz, sure it was the best pic, too bad your not in it.He laughed and said he still has that plauque everyone got for the shoot.I told him i've seen them and thought they were cheesy.He agreed.It was obvious that they were leaving for the venue soon Michael took my name down for the guest list and i left.

Show was amazing, michael even pointed me out and said "Theres Dave, good to see your here"

One very cool friday if you ask me!!!

Comment

That's really cool! Damn, I really envy you man! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

That's just flat awesome! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Did he ever mention anything about playing his old Jackson's? OZ seems to like his Wayne guitars.
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

not a stryper fan, but a great story, and glad to hear that he was cool to ya! funny, i was babysitting at my sisters, and their cover of shining star came on vh1 metal mania or whatever the show is called.
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Yeah, Mike said he never had any charvels, but those old jacksons were magical.

He had them up til around 94 when he had a warehouse with an office front.Came to work one day and the back door was open and all his gear was gone, including his jackson Kelly and Rhoads.He said the cops told him the robbers were ther for a good 3-4 hours going through everything.

He did say that he hated his Kramers, thought they felt cheap.LiKED the Zions and washburns abut thought none of them were better then the jacksons.He said that back in the day, all the companies threw guitars at them all the time, and some of them paid better for the endorsement then others.

He said he recoreded his last solo cd Truth using his johnson amp direct.

Oz still had the yellow tiger graphic jackson with the bullet belt across the front, and his silver and black jackson from against the law.

Comment

heh. the guitar he was playing in the video i saw had a charvel logo on it! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    heh. the guitar he was playing in the video i saw had a charvel logo on it! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Michael did have a Charvel Model 6 that was modded from the 3 mini toggles to a 5-way. He played it on the Against The Law tour and in a couple of videos.

Davey that is super freakin' cool. Awesome story [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oz had the jackson he played it during "all for one"

Mikes was an import charvel

Comment

I get it now Sully, I aksed him if he ever had any san dimas charvels and he said no.......Duh, took me a minute to catch that .......

Comment

<font color="aqua">That's a great story, Dave, thanks for sharing it. Sounds like a great time! - [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
                          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Great story. Thanks for sharing. Talking with him about guitars, music, touring, etc. had to be a blast, especially since it was one on one in a relaxed atmosphere.

I saw them come through Cleveland a couple weeks and it was a great show. First time I've ever seen them live. Michael and Oz were impressive on guitar. I highly recommend catching the show if they are in town.

Comment

Yeah, totally relaxed and he was super cool.When in the mall,we walked passed a hair cutting shop, the girl said something to us.Mike asked what she said, i told him i think she wants to get a hold of our hair.He laughed and said, i'll do it if you do,haha. I told him no way man, ive got more to lose then you do.

One really cool thing when we were leaving the mall he said i made life on the road for the day real easy.

Comment

Working...
                              X