Pics of my Dweezil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pics of my Dweezil

That is cool, but the reverse buries it (well not really, very cool guitar!)
    "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      That is cool, but the reverse buries it (well not really, very cool guitar!)

[/ QUOTE ]

I had #2 reverse, but switched. Too off the wall for me if I had the choice. If I hadnt had the choice, I would own a reverse!

Shawn
      Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

rockin Bro!

My setup is equally as bad (or worse). I am leaving it alone for a bit hoping it will settle out. I have adjusted several many times. I'm having a problem getting my g string to intonate properly. We deserve free t-shirts!

john [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          rockin Bro!

My setup is equally as bad (or worse). I am leaving it alone for a bit hoping it will settle out. I have adjusted several many times. I'm having a problem getting my g string to intonate properly. We deserve free t-shirts!

john [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine is setup badass now. I cant hear any intonation issues, but apparently they are there..

Shawn
          Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [Anyway, I want to re-iterate, I love my Dweezil, but I am cautiously optimistic about my next Charvel CS order.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shawn, insightful and comprehensive. Thank you for the "heads up". I was about to place an order. Now, I'm rethinking things through and asking questions rather than "assuming" anything at this point. I believed, incorrectly, that the consistency and the set-up on my EVH Arts Series axes would've translated to the Chavel CS. Evidently not.
            Thank YOU!
            best,
            mike. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow I am surprised by all these "bad" setups. I was at
              Matts the day after they arrived, but the only ones I saw
              were Tracys and Kevins, and I played Tracys and his seemed
              to be set up pretty well.
              If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]
                [Anyway, I want to re-iterate, I love my Dweezil, but I am cautiously optimistic about my next Charvel CS order.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shawn, insightful and comprehensive. Thank you for the "heads up". I was about to place an order. Now, I'm rethinking things through and asking questions rather than "assuming" anything at this point. I believed, incorrectly, that the consistency and the set-up on my EVH Arts Series axes would've translated to the Chavel CS. Evidently not.
                Thank YOU!
                best,
                mike. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a VERY good point to make...My EVH's are perfection exemplified. As are my 25ths, Tele, as a matter of fact, everything that has come out of there recently other than this guy.. But I also cant stress enough..THIS GUITAR IS AWESOME..It just has some issues it should not have, thats all. Nobody is perfect, I get that fact.

Shawn
                Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

I dont remember reading about Kev's setup..Was he happy with it?

Shawn
                  Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

I think kevins was all right.
                    Hey I was just over at "another site" [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                    and saw your out door pics, how were the 2 25ths set up when you got them? were they straight from Charvel?
                    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

They both needed a little tweaking, but they were very manageable, even for me. The red had the original Charvel setup.

Shawn
                      Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

After reading this post I have a question since you mentioned shims. When I finally got around to locking down the nut on #8 reverse...I was getting a very noticable popping resonating through the guitar when pushing the trem arm down. I tracked the popping to the nut and found two small shims under the nut. I removed them and the popping stopped. It didn't lower the string height at the nut too dramatically as far as I could tell (I wouldn't have a freaking clue what the actual string height in nano inches or whetever should be anyway).
                        Anyway...is that normal to have shims under the nut on a new guitar or is that a result of this thick board syndrome? Should I put them back in? It plays pretty nice the way I set it up but like I said..I don't have a fricken clue how a guitar should really be perfectly set up.
                        Thanks for any insight anyone might have.
                        -Michael

Comment

Nice pictures by the way..sweet pool...In hindsight I apologize, it wasn't my intention to hijack your thread into a tech Q&A.
                          -Michael

Comment

Set-up

Neck was straight, good fret job extremely high action. I brought the floyd down on her and she is good ..
                            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Sorry! But I din´t see any guitar on 4th and 5th pic!!!
                              I just saw an awesome backyard!!!
                              I hate living in Sweden when it comes to the Wether...
                              Right now we have ´bout +5 (41 Fahrenheit)
                              I´m freezing !!!!

Comment

Shawn - this is confusing to me. I am not trying to bust your chops or the guitar run. But you keep saying the guitar is fantastic and at the same time you talk about some pretty serious build quality issues. The issues you describe from your tech are beyond a bad setup. I don't get it. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Some closeups of the bridge, thickness of the fingerboard, neck pocket shims, etc. would be interesting to see.
                                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                                X