Pics of my Dweezil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pics of my Dweezil

Thick fretboards are a good thing. Neck and nut shims are very common on bolt-on guitars - even the highest quality manufacturers like J/C use them.

Not saying you guys don't actually have set-up issues - I take that at face value and believe you. But some of this detail-like stuff seems like group therapy.

And very cool pics Shawn - thanks for sharing.

Comment

Great pics! Sorry about the issues, especially the intonation problem. If there is a fret-distance issue that can be documented by the tech, that's something I'd have to consider sending it back over.

WRT to not being able to lower the floyd to the body, I don't think this is a defect. The neck pocket is routed for the 4 degree neck angle for a fully floating top-mounted trem, & shouldn't require neck shims. If it had a flat neck pocket, there would be shims that could be removed so you would be able to lower the floyd all the way. I'm pretty sure the Art Series guitars are routed flat to allow the trem to sit flush by design. If you decided to chuck the D-tuna & raise the trem to float, you'd have to add a shim. It boils down to preference. If my Dweezil had shown up with a flat neck pocket and large enough shims to create the neck tilt, I'd be pissed & thinking "why can't they just rout it right for a top-mounted trem?"

Comment

that one's ghey, all the other ones are cool as hell tho [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

seriously I'm liking that color the more that I see it. It is realy sweet with a maple board and matching headstock too.
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

It's really wild how differing lights really change the hue of the green
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was just thinking the same thing. It's definitely a "stage light" kind of guitar. I think that's true of a lot of the ghost flame finishes, too.

Comment

Cool guitar but not as cool as the 3 of us that got a custom paint job on our headstocks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice guitar! Sucks that you had to have it setup by someone that knew what they were doing though. It should 99.9% of the way there when you buy it.

It would be like buying a new car that only had 5 of the 6 cylinders working and tires that should be on a truck but were on your car instead.

Comment

For the last 2 weeks, I keep reading everyone's complaints about their green guitars. Well, I guess Charvel is either a brand new company run by a bunch of kids or we have a bunch of whiney guitar players here. To keep harping on the set up issue is getting old. No, the set up on mine wasn't great but I changed that and now it is awesome. I've owned a bunch of guitars and no matter if I bought them new or used, I took them home and tweaked the set up to my liking. Everyone is different and what works for one of us may not work for the other. Charvel can't read minds and they didn't call us and ask how each wanted their's set up.
                  As for the intonation problem and saying that there is a fretboard problem, I find this hard to believe.If there are real issues, it needs to be returned and fixed. Mine is perfect and intonation is 100%.
                  The paint problems are unacceptable and are hopefully being addressed. I think Matt is on top of this.
                  Anyway......I love my new greenie and with some new strings and set up the way I like, it plays and sounds AWESOME.

Comment

did someone say high action, I think I would have been pratty saticfied with that set-up. high action kicks ass.
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So true..They really nailed a cool color for sure. If it were too bright, it would be cheesy looking. As it is, the color is very rich looking, but still fun and electric looking.

Very good call whoever did the paint choice.

Shawn
                      Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Shawn - this is confusing to me. I am not trying to bust your chops or the guitar run. But you keep saying the guitar is fantastic and at the same time you talk about some pretty serious build quality issues. The issues you describe from your tech are beyond a bad setup. I don't get it. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Some closeups of the bridge, thickness of the fingerboard, neck pocket shims, etc. would be interesting to see.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tim , the reason I think they I am able to convey this, is because I am not knowledgeable enough to counter. I know what high action is, but that doesnt matter to me, every guitar I get goes straight to the tech for a setup anyway. The other stuff doesnt effect me. I would compare it to painting a blind guy's house rainbow colors inside. What does it matter, he isnt going to notice anyway? LOL Maybe if they left off a tuner or the Floyd, I would have noticed.

As far as more pictures, etc...I am going to give this a rest. I love the guitar and I will leave it at that.

Shawn
                        Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

As for the intonation problem and saying that there is a fretboard problem, I find this hard to believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will pass this along to my guy. Maybe the fact that you have owned a bunch of guitars will change his mind. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Shawn
                          Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            that one's ghey, all the other ones are cool as hell tho [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats bullshit Shawn, you cant clearly see how mine takes the blue ribbon?

Must be your monitor.

Shawn
                            Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Very good call whoever did the paint choice

[/ QUOTE ]

the story behind it is really cool and will be on the CD when you get it ...
                              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                [ QUOTE ]
                                Very good call whoever did the paint choice

[/ QUOTE ]

the story behind it is really cool and will be on the CD when you get it ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Too cool, cant wait. Actually, come to think of it, I am kinda scared...

Shawn

Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                X