Legit or not? Tele.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Legit or not? Tele.....

I took the neck off a few months ago and theres no markings or stamps on the neck or body.

Comment

ohh baby

Are all the pots the same vintage? Can you get the numbers off them? That will give us dates. What changes do you think were made in there. If you have a Hi Resolution picture of the Cavity I can say better. The cavity was altered but it is done well.

Do you think that is original paint.
      It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Here's a pic of one of the pots (they are all the same). "dimazrio 500k 1377929"

Another shot of the control cavity

As far as I can tell, paint is original. Theres no signs of overspray or traces of any other coloured paint on the body. Something unrelated - it's one of the heaviest guitars I've ever played. It's got to be at least 15 pounds.

Comment

The pot is from 1979 week 29. My Dimarzio tele body is very heavy too.

Comment

The route is most interesting. The early Charvel era is absent of accurate records. As L stated in his post, that is the same route as the domarzio body from 79/80. While Charvel did make bodiies for dimarzio, iy is not clear that they made all the bodies. Mighty mite had the same route. Their is a commection their between the 2 companies early on. We suspect the LP route is a true Charvel route but not everyone agrees. The lack of sheilding paint, and no brass shielding is interesting. The lack of markings consistent with the era. Later production era guitars should have marking but early ones may not.

I think this is a "Kit" guitar. Kit guitars are the earliest of the Charvel guitars. The were selling parts in the early days, not guitars but you could buy everything you needed to build a complete guitar.

We have had many an ID thread here in the past and most wind up with the guitar being for sale. If you like Charvels you should keep this one. If you do sell it, the absolute best method is eBay. Do not end the auction early and do not keep it a private auction/ No one is your bro when the want your guitar.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Be very carefull of Charvel lovers eMailing you offering help and making offers on your guitar. We are not to be trusted.....

[/ QUOTE ]

How true [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

When it comes to Charvels, always remember ....

<font color="red"> </font> <font color="red"> </font> It's not a community , it's a competition...

Comment

This ones not going anywhere fast. It has mojo. I was extremely content with it and thought I had a bargain when I thought it was a knockoff. Now I feel like a complete dickhead for all the nights I left it out of its case, lying around the house [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

good analysis kev. the only thing I would add is that since all the paint was added, maybe the body was purchased unfinished, then the cavity route elongated a bit at the top to accomodate the 3-way toggle, then finished. The orignal route was an interesting choice w/ the v-trem anyway since it comes so close to the trem route. I would have hated to be the guy to cut the cavity cover for that one!

Comment

Good to hear that you are keeping it and enjoying it. Now you have to get us more pictures. I would love to see the back of the headstock and the bridge.I am curious what the string spacing is on that one... What is the neck profile like? Thin or Chunky?

On the body are their any chips were you can see primer?
                      How good is the paint job?

I think you summed it up there Lance. I would agree natural body. A nice early tele body.

Comment

There's no primer. Just paint on wood. There are certain spots where the grain has risen under the paint. In the spots where the paint has held up, it still looks good. I'd imagine it would of looked great when it was new paint. The string spacing is fender. But the duncans in it are normal spacing so the pole pieces dont allign completely.

Back of the headstock

Bridge

Comment

Dang...

Your trem is chrome plated brass as I believe is your pick up rings. Very nice. As Lance suggested, this left the factory as a natural body and was painted elswhere.

That is one cool tele my friend, Enjoy

Comment

Working...
                          X