Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Projects...what would you do

Re: birdseye...

Refin/Floyd. HippieTim had a good idea - purfling. I think what would look the cleanest is to route out a little more, almost to the edge of the dark red, to clean out the lower holes on either side of the big cutout. Then, find a nice piece of birdseye to fill the entire section, leaving the Floyd route. Then, where the seam is, use purfling to cover the line... kind of like PRS does on the Santana. <font color="orange"> Santana example</font>
    -Jon G

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      duh...am I the only one that gets this stuff?

Obviosuly a red magic marker is needed on the birdseye to even out the finish. Then the simple addition of a Wonderbar will cover every single one of those routes and holes. Its called a Wonderbar for a reason.

As for the old Dimarzio, I would think the only true application for a guitar with a huge hole that goes all the way through is to install some sort of smoke machine. The other option would be to install what I believe some refer to as a "pocket pussy" in the hole, but to be honest Kev, you do not strike me as the kind of individual who would be in need of a "pocket pussy". So I think the smoke machine makes the most sense here.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        add a brass trem and a solid rosewood neck and be done with it.

[/ QUOTE ]
        +1! Musikraft makes Cocobolo Rosewood necks I know (fantastic wood and absolutely gorgeous) but Indian Rosewood would match best with that body, I can't recall if they will make Indian Rosewood necks or not. I know warmoth does, but they are more expensive and don't have the "charvel" profile.

Comment

I like Buds Idea for the birdseye. I say fill the whole and flame the front.

Comment

L is the smartest man ever. anyone not listening to his smoke machine idea is suspect.
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Shit, im routing one of mine out as we speak for a smoke machine, yea thats it, a smoke machine [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Now this has turned out to be a good thread.

Thanks for the info
                It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

so what are you going to do then Kev?
                  I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Personally, I like the pocket pussy idea myself.

Mike
                    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

The birdseye...

I am going to plug the extra hole and Kahler with Birdseye and floyd it. It will be a good looking player when it is done

The Dimarzio is on the bench getting cleaned up as we
                      speak Getting the brass p/g and brass parts

I like those bodies. The are some of the nicest hand made shapes I have seen. Soft curves, no machined lines at all

K
                      It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Working...
                      X