What model?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What model?

OK, I had to sell my 650XL a few months back, but am now back to a level keel again and am looking to replace the old axe with something a little nicer, as in a USA model. I am playing my american deluxe strat almost exclusively over my LP standard these days and really have gotten into its sound and neck, but want something more metal. Also I really dig the brightness of a good maple neck. What I am looking for is obviously a maple neck, any headstock shape is cool, one hum (B) would be ideal, but as long as it has at least that, I would be cool with maybe another pup as well. Bolt on would be best, I really have gotten to dig that lately. I don't like recessed trems at all, I like to block mine as I rest my hand on it. What current model or older models would you consider that would meet these criteria? Any other suggestions are cool, I am interested in others ideas. Finish wise, I dont dig the flame/quilt tops. I am looking for a player. Nothin purty for me. This axe is gonna get wrung out.

Chuck
    "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Re: What model?

<font color="red"> Those are the specs of the current Charvel U.S. Standard San Dimas,you can get your one hum,maple/maple,solid color & the trems are Non-recessed!!Watch E-bay,there's ususally a few used ones up often enough!!</font>

www.charvelguitars.com

Comment

I was wondering about the SD reissue. Is the neck similar to the strat neck? I loved my 650xl, but the neck was too wide for my tastes. Are the vintage tremelo models nice, or do yu prefer the floyd version?

chuck

Comment

Wide, thin necks, just like the originals. Personally, I love them like that.

I know folks rave about the brass VTs for tone, but I'll take a Floyd any day of the week. Tuning stability rules my personal roost.

Comment

Will the necks be like the 650xl I had? For me that was a hard neck to get used to. I like the flatness of the radius and the jumbo frets, but not the overall nut width. Unfortunately, there is no place I know of close to try one out, the local jackson dealer only stocks cheap-o imports.

chasbo

Comment

Most pointies are going to have a 1 11/16" nut width like the 650XL, same 12 - 16 compound radius, & similar frets. You still have to try one out to be sure, though. For example, even though the specs are very similar, the neck on the Dweezil has a completely different feel than any of my Japanese Charvels. Besides just the oil finish, the backshape & feel of the fretboard edges is completely different to me.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Wide, thin necks, just like the originals. Personally, I love them like that.

I know folks rave about the brass VTs for tone, but I'll take a Floyd any day of the week. Tuning stability rules my personal roost.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahmen. I also just like the way the OFR "feels" on my palm. Ah the 80s. They live on!
              "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Do the strat heads have a different neck shape/radius than the pointies?

chasbo

Comment

Working...
                X