Charvel Crossed Swords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Crossed Swords

Does anyone know how many of the crossed swords Charvel stratheads were made originally? I've been looking for one, no luck so far, but did come across the replicas being made by Performance Guitars in LA (signed by WD), which seem over-priced for replicas. Any opinions/feedback?

Re: Charvel Crossed Swords

No idea how many were made. They do come up for sale regularly on eBay either GMW, Charvel or a mix of the two...
    It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

I don't know how many were made by Charvel in the San Dimas factory, but if you're looking for one of these then GOOD LUCK. They are about inpossible to find and if you could find one, it would cost you big $. It would make that over-priced Performance replica seem like a $2 guitar.

Comment

I saw one at a guitar show that had a kahler on it, but that was about 10 years ago... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I wouldn't feel TOO bad about a GMW replica if I were you... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] They're supposed to be made to nearly the same specs from all I've understood about them.

Comment

Gmw Crossed Swords come up somewhat regularly on EBay.
            A real Charvel Crossed Swords will never come up on EBay.
            Anyone who has one, knows how valuable it is and will dealt with it privately amongst the "Inner circle" . [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
            If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

I checked with GMW, they won't make em with stratheads anymore for legal reasons, will keep an eye on Ebay, when's the last time anyone saw one on Ebay?

Comment

They still making the guitar show circuit? You remember who was displaying the one you saw?

Comment

That tough, huh?

FYI, the Performance replicas are being sold for $2500, but that includes a signature from Warren Demartini... I'm afraid to ask what the real ones are worth...

Comment

Used GMWs have been bought on EBAY (2 months ago) for $1200.

And it was STUNNING!!!

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                    Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
                    Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      privately amongst the "Inner circle" . [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

GMW makes a fine product and if you pay attention, you will see them come up for sale far far more often than legit charvie s-heads on the bay.
                      "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Isn't the Crossed Swords available from the Charvel custom shop with a pointy headstock?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Isn't the Crossed Swords available from the Charvel custom shop with a pointy headstock?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true.

Comment

Are the GMW's with stratheads? I guess it depends on when they were made, but sure would be cool to get one.

I'm thinking of ordering a GMW and replacing neck with Warmouth strat, any opinions?

Comment

Not sure that would look right with a pointy, I'd want it with a strathead. I wonder if Charvel is seeing much demand for that...

Comment

Working...
                              X