• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: played a San Dimas yesterday

[ QUOTE ]
    Who's behind the door?

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">it's a zebra song.... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] </font>
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

OK....anyone remember Steel Breeze or Streets?

Comment

I remember picking up girls was a breeze in the streets of new york. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          OK....anyone remember Steel Breeze or Streets?

[/ QUOTE ]

Streets-cool band.Singer from Kansas and the guy who played the solos on the 1st 2 Warrant cd's.

If love should go was a cool tune.

Comment

glad to see this thread has not gotten back on track [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

anyhow, Monkey Bars was by Coney Hatch - they were a kick ass Canadian band.
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Friction was a great lp.I wish they couldve used the orignal cover, of a girls sliding down the stair railings.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]
                I was just at a GC in Jersey and they have a black and white VH. The price tag is $2600. What a rip off. My friend just ordered a custom quilt top Suhr and paid less. I love Jacksons and Charvels but these prices are out of controll.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHY, for the love of Satan, do people STILL buy guitars at GC?? Especially members of this board and Jackson/Charvels?? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                If you´re not buying from one of these guys but going to GC, you´re only shafting yourself http://www.jcfonline.com/dealers [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not realy shafting yourself when everybody advertises the same guitar for the same price. Its whats called M.A.P. Or manufacturers advertised pricing. Since Fender loves to jack up prices beyond control the Charvels have a higher price tag than the USA Fender bolt on counter parts. Plus the Charvels are hand made are they not?. Where as the Fenders (non custom shop) are all CNC products with hand detailing. Sure 2200.00 is alot for a guitar with a bolt on neck. But in all honesty and im not just saying this because of this being the JCF and me being biased. :P We have a copper head dbl hum SD Charvel at my store (yes a GC in chicago area) and it is in my opinion and several others that work at my store that the Charvels we've been getting have been outstanding guitars and play better and sound better acoustically and electricly then the over priced Gibsons and PRS' we have. They are some realy nice guitars. My store has sold three so far and we keep getting more. And yes there is a little bit of room for negotiation. There are still going out the door for at least least 1700-2000. customersplay these things and imidiately understand why they are as expensive as they are. I can't speak for the Vegas store but the ones we have have been above expectations every time. They are very well made. Ive seen guys on here pay astronomical prices for things (Original SD Strat heads for example.) Why is this new batch of guitars any differant? sure Wayne isnt making these but common its the same guys that have been making Jacksons for the last decade at least. And to the same specs as the original pointy heads if im not mistaken.
                I dont mean to sound like im bashing any body here but lets keep it in focus a bit. A Suhr is a pretty dammed expensive guitar too. As is a Tom Anderson or Macinturf what ever. If i had the money I wouldnt hesitate to buy a new SD. Although there is something specail about the old ones. Yeah and we pay nice prices for that mojo even though the guitar is really built the same way as the new ones.
                BTW. If the GC by any of you are bad try a differant one. It's because of the high turnover and the teenagers that think it would be an awesome job to work there and play guitar all day. Then they realize you really have to work your ass off and they leave. Don;t give all GC's a bad name because of a few bad ones or a bad experience or two or three or four. We all know it happens. We have bad shopping experiences every where if you think about it. Grocery shopping, resturants, we still go back don't we. It may not be right away but we do go back. It;s our nature.
                K im done. Ond speaking ov Shafting yourself. remember what happned with the JCF series because of the dealers? It happens every where not just at the big box stores.
                Gil

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Hell yes! KIX was a great band - particularly live.

[/ QUOTE ]
                  The best live club band I have ever seen. Hammerjacks, the Metron, Swizzles, the Crowbar...they kicked major ass in all of these joints.
                  Wrathchild America was awesome as well. We used to road trip from State College, PA every chance we got to see these bands.
                  Anyone remember Dirty Looks and Childs Play? We used to catch them alot too.

Comment

the tightest band i've ever seen. say it again man,

Comment

BLOW MY FUSE

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]
                        I was just at a GC in Jersey and they have a black and white VH. The price tag is $2600. What a rip off. My friend just ordered a custom quilt top Suhr and paid less. I love Jacksons and Charvels but these prices are out of controll.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHY, for the love of Satan, do people STILL buy guitars at GC?? Especially members of this board and Jackson/Charvels?? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                        If you´re not buying from one of these guys but going to GC, you´re only shafting yourself http://www.jcfonline.com/dealers [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not realy shafting yourself when everybody advertises the same guitar for the same price. Its whats called M.A.P. Or manufacturers advertised pricing. .....

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what Minimum Advertised Price is. But I also know that I´ve never paid MAP in my life and most others here also don´t, hence the recommendation of contacting the sponsoring dealers [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

THat and GC usualls lists at notably more than MAP, even that would be an improvement [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Anyone remember Dirty Looks and Childs Play? We used to catch them alot too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap, you remember those guys too? Wow!

- Newc

Comment

To JACKSONFREAK and Zerbeus, we have successfully derailed this thread. Please do not make any further attempts to bring it back on track [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

BTW Zerbeus, I've never been in a GC that priced above MAP and I've always managed to get very good deals at GC for stuff.

- Newc

Comment

Hijacking is a gift possessed by only a few special cases.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                To JACKSONFREAK and Zerbeus, we have successfully derailed this thread. Please do not make any further attempts to bring it back on track [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

BTW Zerbeus, I've never been in a GC that priced above MAP and I've always managed to get very good deals at GC for stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

What, me, senseful discussion??? SOrry, must not be drunk yet, help me out [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X