X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: played a San Dimas yesterday

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Bottom line,the new Charvels are overpriced IMO,a standard strat body bolt-on reissue for $1600.00 plus & alot more for a graphic??Not when I can buy the originals with or without a graphic for far less!!Can you imagine someone paying more for a reissue '57 strat IF they could get an original '57 strat for less $$??LOL!!</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Although the used market is huge... Not everyone has the means to find the old guitars, nor does everyone want a guitar that's been modded (who knows how many times) and played (by who knows how many people) for 20 years. Many of my customers like the fact that their guitar is factory fresh, and has a warranty on it.

I'll go back to selling guitars now. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red">I never said modded & played to death bro,there are all original/good condition SD Charvels available for alot less $$ than a new reissue!!A better guitar for less $$ IMO!!

Re:new condition with warranty,all preference,some like e'm brand new & shiny!! </font>

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      <font color="red"> Was the Big Mouth available for $450.00 used at the same time a Model6 was available for $800.00 new??

</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes,

As a matter of fact the most expensive USA charvel I ever bought is a tie between my White strathead and the Zebra which were both $700 ...

I got the SH for $700 around 86/87 From Daddies and the Zebra around 90/92 for $700 from Sam Ash ..

All my other used Charvies were $250 to $500
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Yes,

As a matter of fact the most expensive USA charvel I ever bought is a tie between my White strathead and the Zebra which were both $700 ...

I got the SH for $700 around 86/87 From Daddies and the Zebra around 90/92 for $700 from Sam Ash ..

[/ QUOTE ]
        damn those are great prices...

general question Kev - back then was there as much interest (number of people looking) as there are now??
        www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
        My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

<font color="red">Awesome deals!!Especially compared to the new Charvel prices!! </font> [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] <font color="red">!!J/K!!

Prices were never like that around here,SDCs were always more than the import Model Series including when the Model Series debuted,of course later when superstrats weren't popular(the dark years lol)many were mistaken for Model Series & priced similarly cheap!! </font>

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]
            Yes,

[/ QUOTE ]
            damn those are great prices...

general question Kev - back then was there as much interest (number of people looking) as there are now??

[/ QUOTE ]

Not so much from 85-90 after 1990 it got to be a bit like it is now where you knew salespeople at specific stores who would call those they felt had a definitive sale. For instance when I traded the bigmouth in around 94 it was sold before it ever hit the store... Back in 86-90 there was no interest in the used market...

Back in 93/94 I had an issue with a strathead neck and tried a local stores luthier who told me the neck was totalled.. he also told me that was no big deal considering they weren't collectible .... That neck ended up getting repaired through Mike Shannon in 95 ... they charged me $175 for straighten,new frets,fretjob and 2nd day air... That customer service was what made me decided to check out the Sandimas reissues and eventually I bought a few of those .
            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Chuck - Do you remember how much the black Jackson I got from you in 85 was? If memory serves correctly, you bought that new at Daddy's and it was actually a Charvel with a Jackson logo on it. It was nothing special, just a single hum, bolt on with a Kahler Pro on it.
              Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

I know that Charvel Bolt-ons in the Salem NH Daddies were tagged around $1200 around 84..

The wild thing was a bought a brand new Rhoads student at that time from them for $799 new ..

Comment

<font color="red"> Nope,was not a Charvel w/a Jackson logo Matt,it was an early San Dimas Jackson,Jackson logo &amp; neckplate!!

It was $850.00-ish new!! </font>

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I know that Charvel Bolt-ons in the Salem NH Daddies were tagged around $1200 around 84..

The wild thing was a bought a brand new Rhoads student at that time from them for $799 new ..

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red"> Weren't that high in Boston,the neckthru Jacksons were but bolt-on Charvels were under $1k!! </font>

Comment

• Re: played a San Dimas yesterday

So they were $350.00 less in Boston than they were in NH, even though they were being sold by the same dealer? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                      Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        - back then was there as much interest (number of people looking) as there are now??

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red"> Late 80s Tracy,yes around here,Charvel/Jacksons were still very poular among Metal players,thrash especially,though it was different as there wasn't much of a collector mentality yet!!Early 90s they were dead,no one wanted 'em,was LP & strat land for years!!</font>

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          So they were $350.00 less in Boston than they were in NH, even though they were being sold by the same dealer? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red"> Apparently,I never understood the comments I've seen here many times that prices were always over $1k,they weren't around here!! </font>

Comment

When new, prices were always over $1k around here, Chuck. I (literally) never saw a Jackson or Charvel for under a grand. Most were $1,200 to $1,500-ish.

The nearest to that I saw was a stripper Jackson bolt-on strat - HSS, ferrari red, Kahler, rosewood. I recall it being just over $1k. And I remember that guitar very vividly, because the idiot at the local dealer thought it was my (first) custom Soloist order, and they called me in to pick it up. ...Imagine the surprise and panic going through my mind when they opened the case. [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] "WTF! That's not my guitar. Did you guys screw up the order specs?" Those might've been my very words. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Sorry, bro, we've just gotta agree to disagree.

Comment

Well, even if they were only $1000.00, then the new ones aren't "overpriced". If anything they're less expensive today than they were 20 years ago.

Comment

Even better... I just found an inflation calculator on Google. According to it, what cost $850 in 1985 would cost $1508.46 in 2005.

Comment

Working...
                                X