• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: played a San Dimas yesterday

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    but 12-1300 is what a gmw replica costs, but that's priced okay? no one ever complains about those prices.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to ask this, have you played a GMW?

[/ QUOTE ]

sure! i've played many. why do you ask?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was curious about why you were questioning GMW pricing and I figured that it would be useful to know if you had any experirnce with then. Since you have, then I guess your original quesiton is retorical. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

gotcha. what made me mention GMW was this:

[ QUOTE ]
    So adjusting for inflation, that would be between $1200 and $1300. Still a tad too high for a plain bolt-on guitar

[/ QUOTE ]

ah, and chris, the fadeds and hwy1 series guitars are made for a few things: learning fretwork, nut adjustments, and refins. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Ah.. I see.
      "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

ah, and chris, the fadeds and hwy1 series guitars are made for a few things: learning fretwork, nut adjustments, and refins. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

sully

[/ QUOTE ]
        With you 100% on that Jon! I wish I could find one that played really nice. I guess all the stores in the NY/NJ area get all the bad ones.... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

Tim,

Time and time again I hear Mike Shannons work praised here but then I see people complain when it comes time to write the check. I can tell you that I work with my hands everyday and i would take high offense to anyone telling me I wasn't worth my paycheck especially to someone who sits behind a desk ..

Are you worth what Microsoft pays you? I'd bet that if anyonw told you that you werent worth what you did you would be offended .... Hence my statement ..
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            heh. okay, i'll bite. what do you think a new us-made guitar should cost?

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red"> Not twice as much as the originals sell for used!!

Ya know,all I did was express my opinion about the subject matter,I think the new guitars are overpriced,it's my opinion,still is no matter how many inflation calculators are quoted,not looking for an argument,or to debate the logo police bs,just posting an opinion!!

Happy Holidays everyone!! </font>

Comment

Well Chuck, ah never mind. Merry Christmass. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]
                heh. okay, i'll bite. what do you think a new us-made guitar should cost?

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red"> Not twice as much as the originals sell for used!!

Ya know,all I did was express my opinion about the subject matter,I think the new guitars are overpriced,it's my opinion,still is no matter how many inflation calculators are quoted,not looking for an argument,or to debate the logo police bs,just posting an opinion!!

Happy Holidays everyone!! </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

jesus chuck, i was simply responding to what you had said later about most manufacturers (what i had interpreted as 'manufacturers in general') being overpriced. so i wanted to know what your idea of an accurately priced US made guitar was, regardless of manufacturer.

that said, call me the logo police all you want; i'd much rather be on that side of the fence than someone that promotes the counterfeiting of guitars that he claims to enjoy more than any other brand.

sully
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

WOW, I never intended to start (or reanimate [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]) such a big argument.

I liked the new 2 hum ghost flames production Charvel I played at that store, I just wouldn't personally be able to justify paying $2200 for it. that is two very nice USA solid color Gibsons.

I think I am spoiled by having my Model 2, it is so nice that I kind of have no reason to plow the cash into a new USA Charvel. (but those new solars are gorgeous).

I was super excited to see that Charvels are again being produced. it's just that the price tag on these has dampened that excitement a little bit, cause I'm forced to admit that they are basically priced out of my market at present, mainly cause I have a huge mortgage nut to cover and other middle aged shit like that. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I think that you will find that the majority of the people here understand the mortgage nut in a big way!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I think that you will find that the majority of the people here understand the mortgage nut in a big way!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah whats the Avg age for chavie guys ...has to be 35/45
                      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

"i'd much rather be on that side of the fence than someone that promotes the counterfeiting of guitars that he claims to enjoy more than any other brand."

<font color="red"> Now,I'm a "guy that promotes counterfeiting guitars"??Uhhmm....huh??!!

Maybe you want to reread any comment I've made re:logoing guitars Sully as you've obviously misunderstood,I've said "sellers need to do their homework,if you're gonna buy a $$$$ guitar you need to ask the questions,get many pics,etc.,logo police is silly imo,the info is out there,right here on this very forum,if someone misrepresents &/or sells a counterfeit guitar they are a pos,if a seller spends big $$$$ on a guitar without doing the homework they are a dumbass"!!

IMO,that is one reason forums like this exist!!

I have never condoned counterfeiting guitars,nor do I appreciate the accusation!!I'm done with this bs!!

Happy holidays!! </font>

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah whats the Avg age for chavie guys ...has to be 35/45

[/ QUOTE ]
                          yeah, 41 here, right in the median.

Comment

btw, JCMarketingGuy, let me say I appreciate your willingness to join in and engage us and respond on stuff like this. and your defending the brand, that is something I admire, stick to your guns, it's a great brand with great people still there after all this time.

the internet is just an opinion mill anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I look at USA Charvels the same way I do any other well-made top-line item, they are the best and although I can't afford a Porsche yet either, someday I will. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I'd love to have the scratch handy to pick up one of those new Solars with the binding and mahogany body, damn those are killer. and they'd turn to completely irresistable w/ a strathead.. but that's another thread right there. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Ike Turner
                              I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                I have never condoned counterfeiting guitars,nor do I appreciate the accusation!!I'm done with this bs!!

Happy holidays!!

[/ QUOTE ]

well, you may want to stop posting things like "all it needs is a charvel logo, bro!" if you don't want to be perceived as someone who condones counterfeiting charvels then. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

all that heated bs aside, i hope you and lucy have a nice holiday as well.
                                Sully Guitars on Google+
                                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X