played a San Dimas yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: played a San Dimas yesterday

That is true of any music store.. I don't think I've ever paid asking price other than an internet order
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

when the cost are simular from the "glory days", it makes more sense.Thats why its importantto make as much as you can if you develop a "toy" addiction.

And having 2 of the original guys making the guitars is awesome !!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I'm still trying to figure out where the admins (ie - we) started jumping down someone's throat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone is entitled to thier own opinion right guys? I dont think its fair for all the admins to jump on someone who expressed it in a respectful manner."

7 posts in a row from admins only. I Never said "throats" BTW. I agree, its all good. Please dont take what i say personal. Its only the internet and we've never met in person.Your all good guys in my book, no matter what Al Z says about ya [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

yeah well speaking for myself most of my stuff is charvel ..so it's only natural for me to express an opinion
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

And that is your right and i for dont want to stop that .

Do you still have that purple jake? I loved that one of yours.

Comment

Yeah .. as a matter of fact I recently swapped out the JB in it for a custom and that has made me play the hell out of it..I never cared for the tone of the JB in that guitar...

Comment

Well, the 7 posts kind of worked out that way, it wasn't us ganging up on anyone. (a couple of those posts were us joking with each other)

I don't know about the other admins, but sometimes when I'm browsing on the forum, I'm a little more apt to look at something that one of the other admins or John Walker posts on. Maybe it's because I've met them face to face so I'm a little more interested in what they have to say. But just like everyone else does, if I have something to say, I'll say it.

As far as what Al says or thinks about us... Well, that's neither here nor there. I don't know him except from his posts here.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

the al z thing was a joke........hahaha. I DOT KOW WAT HE SAY....i mean, i dont know what he says .

Yeah i took at something it wasnt .It looked like you guys had a meeting and this thread was where to meet, lol.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    the al z thing was a joke........hahaha. I DOT KOW WAT HE SAY....i mean, i dont know what he says .

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone?
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

yo rulz

Comment

i never understood the complaints about these new charvels. i bought one of the first ones available, that white single hum with a v-trem, and i got ripped on for what i paid for it. it cost what it cost. it was worth it. that guitar played great, sounded great, but i wish i had waited until the local shop had a floyded model. i could have saved money by getting it online, but i wanted to support my buddy's shop that just got the charvel line.

so i did overpay? that is up to me to decide. i think not.

if you go to GC and play one you like, order it from matt or somebody else online. the new charvels are consistent enough that if you can wait it will be no different then the one you tried at GC.

franky, the charvel outplayed ANY of my other guitars, including jackson, PRS, and old hamers. i have never played an original charvel so i can't comment on that aspect of the "arguement". i have played a lot of other "nice" guitars, like gmp, wayne, jackson, PRS, etc, and can say the new charvels equal if not surpass any of those brands.
                        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Ok ,call me queer, [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ,but I'm a brand loyalty kinda guy for the most part and it seems simple to me that if you think something is overpriced why in the hell would you buy it? Even if it is something you really really love?

Perhaps for :

Quality.
                          The point has already been made,but taking all things into consideration if I ad a choice between a Charvel and say a high-end Ibanez (do those exist) or ESP (HAH!) with the exact same specs ,I'm taking the one I know will sound the best ,play the best,last the longest,and maybe if I'm lucky ,get me laid [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] If it costs more,so be it,If I want it bad enough it's mine.

Service.
                          A US company that has been around for decades and will be for many more,unlike the risk factor you take with a small company who could fold and if you have a problem with your instrument,well you're stuck with it.Confidence in the brand and company score big points in my purchasing decisions,not just guitars but anything else that I would plan on keeping for quite some time.

Pride in ownsership.
                          Much more than an ego thing in that if I'm happy with the guitar in my hand and don't have to worry about it falling apart that's less thinking and better playing.

Now,lol,having said that I do have some "replica" (logoed from their respective companies,not fakes)guitars,and they are fine instruments indeed,they have alot of the qualities I list,but also some I don't.

I for one am hoping for the day that the custom shop will let me build EXACTLY what I want,(Strat-body,Strat-head,recessed Floyd,1 11/16" maple neck,1hum 1 single,1 knob,gold hardware,matching headstock paint) and will I pay out the wazoo for it? No,because no matter how much it is,it's worth it to me.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            ....i understand to a certain extent about the feeling that bolt on guitars should be less than 2k, but that's a pretty broad generalization considering what goes into it. and yes, i also see the logic that a one hum vtrem strat at 2k (or thereabout) seems high....

[/ QUOTE ]

+1, I can UNDERSTAND it... the question I ask is: Ok, how much less work is it for me.... then they try to explain how many thousands of guitars have been pre cut, yaddayadda... OK, and How many of those bodies do I use in a HANDMADE guitar? Zero... and even if I did have pre-cut, I still had to cut them first [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

neck= zero difference..... from a luthier´s standpoint, the actualy difference in work and materials between a Neckthru and a Bolt on is almost negligible... you´re still doing just as much shaping, carving and gluing, just doing it minimally differently as far as the order goes...

*Sits back to watch people start screaming for 1.2k USA neckthrus* [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              neck= zero difference..... from a luthier´s standpoint, the actualy difference in work and materials between a Neckthru and a Bolt on is almost negligible... you´re still doing just as much shaping, carving and gluing, just doing it minimally differently as far as the order goes...

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing remotely correct about that statement. [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

The carve is MUCH more difficult on a neck through as everything has to be EXACT. With a bolt on, you are dealing with a smaller piece of wood (=cheaper) that can be shimmed or otherwise adjusted to fit as perfectly as possible. Get the angle wrong on a neck through and you essentially have a worthless instrument.
                              Once we are beyond that, the process of bolting a neck to a body is much less labor intensive than matching and glueing the "wings" on to a neck through design.

Comment

<font color="red">Sorry,I was busy working all afternoon & missed the back end of this thread,just want to state,I posted my opinion,Sully asked me about it,I explained,I never felt anyone jumped on me for it,no problems at all IMO!!

Thanx!!Carry on!! </font>

Comment

Working...
                                X