Saw a new pointy today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw a new pointy today

At a local shop. Strat, 1H & 1 SC, rosewood, vintage trem, black cherry. Cool color, nice layout. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] If it had a Floyd, I probably would've gone home with it. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Hermies in Schenectady, NY, if anyone's interested. They had a B&W EVH, too.

Re: Saw a new pointy today

I like that config h/s

How did the black cherry look? Was it very dark?
    It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

You know I'm really digging that layout, too. I was a devoted HSS guy for a long time. Never had a H-S until I got my orange one. I was surpised how much I liked the layout and tone combos. And it's grown on me even more since then. I like it just as much as HSS now. Maybe more.

The black cherry looked pretty sweet to me. Very dark, more purple than red. A nice accent to the rosewood, too. The room they had it in wasn't well lit, though, so take my impressions with a grain of salt.

Comment

does it look like the old color?

Comment

Pretty close, yeah. (Nice one, BTW!)

Comment

I like black cherry. I remember ROSCOE had one in his catalog way back when. It looks good with any fret board as well - but i need black hardward on it.

Comment

A guy I knew whan I was maybe 21 or so had a black cherry hum single vintage trem strathead. He added a floyd and then painted the body (spray can) and changed the bridge pup and removed the neck. Then he broke the neck on day. Actually smashed it becaus he was mad, on a steel pole in the basement where his band practiced. He tossed the neck plate when he went to sam ash to get a new neck. I am thinking his guitar was same era as mine (in the picture) He sold off or dispossed of his and we have not talked in 15 years...

I was in love with his when it was new. The brass hardware on the black cherry was so nice. His floyd install ruined it for me becaus his high e would roll off the fretboard. When I saw this black cherry a few years ago I had to have it.

A black pointy headstock on a Black Cherry hum single would be awsome....

Comment

i would love to have a single hum pointy in black cherry!! Do I smell special run? I would be flexible, but would prefer black hardware, non-recessed floyd, only a volume knob and either a rosewood or ebony board. I know it won`t happen, but I can dream!! Jack.

Comment

slayer. got to a parts dealer warmoth, usacustom, musikraft and build one. get a pro paint joba nd save about $1200. It will still ROCK

Comment

Ya man, I was thinking the same thing!! which one of those will do Short Scale Necks? Thanks-Jack.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      i would love to have a single hum pointy in black cherry!! Do I smell special run? I would be flexible, but would prefer black hardware, non-recessed floyd, only a volume knob and either a rosewood or ebony board. I know it won`t happen, but I can dream!! Jack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you need a special run? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] That exact guitar could be ordered as a USA Standard with an upcharge for the color. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

GAS it up man. If you like how it feels that much, then do it. Besides, I bet you have anumber of Floyd'd guitars in the collection.

slevy007
                        metal. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X