Strat head signature coming....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strat head signature coming....

I know this has been discussed before...but I have a reliable source that tells me Charvel will release a signature Jim Root (Slipknot) model soon. And yes it will be an S-head. I suppose maybe we'll get a picture of it tomorrow from NAMM?

Re: Strat head signature coming....

The guitar should look awesome. I'm very excited about the strathead news.

Comment

Now this I do not get. I can now order MY s-head. Who gives a fuk what Root is playing LOL!
      "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Now this I do not get. I can now order MY s-head. Who gives a fuk what Root is playing LOL!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm not a huge Slipknot fan either. HOWEVER, I think it is awesome that Charvel is getting some endorsees that the younger crowd can relate to.

Comment

Yeah, I guess you are right. Kinda goes hand and hand with the Mike Learn thing. If you are gonna bring back the brand, may as well do it with artists who are still making music (its not like George, Warren, Jake and Eddie for that matter are doing much these days).

Cheers!

Comment

I saw a Slipknot video on Metal Asylum. It was live concert footage, but i can't remember if it was a live mix or a studio mix. Anyhoo, I thought they were great! (ducks)
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

slipknot are cool.

but unless the root charvel is going to be priced in the 800 range (street) i dont see it a big hitter.. cos a guitar like that is often aimed at the younger crowd who mostly just blindly follow the artist .. i hate to say it.. i hate it when i see it, but its fact
              You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Well, you can rest assured no strathead Charvel will be hitting the street at $800. Stick a 1 in front of that and you'll be in the neighborhood. OK, so they had a poster of him at NAMM, but no actual guitar like his?

Comment

Supposedly they'll announce the Root sig model as soon as he makes a final decision on the electronics. I think this model may not be a big seller for the reasons given, but it's pretty good exposure for the brand & shows some commitment to move forward by JCMI.

Comment

The signature lines for the newer artists have all come out at a reasonable price point (kevin bonds rhoads, cow dinky, beattie bass). call me crazy, but i could imagine a jim root import strathead in the same ballpark. i mean, he did play a model 2 for a while

Plus this wouldn't cannibalize the high end strathead sales at all since it wouldn't be a US made. I'm pretty sure that all the old timers here that are jonesing for a strathead and talking about paying large for one wouldn't be happy with anything but a U.S. made strathead.

just playing armchair...
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Thus my original knee-jerk response.

Comment

Working...
                      X