Unknown USA Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown USA Charvel

Hey guys. A friend of mine wants to trade me a USA Charvel that he has laying around his house. Now, I'm not as familiar with Charvels as I am with Jackson's, so I hope you guys might be able to help me out with the model number and whatnot.

Here's a pic of the guitar. All I know is that it has a Schaller tremolo...

Thanks in advance!

Re: Unknown USA Charvel

1. Definitely not USA, at least not the neck

2. Probably not stock, or even a neck and body that were originally sold together.... teh Neck looks like A Model 1, while the body looks like a 4 w/ an added minitoggle and neck humbucker....

The Trem wasn´t stock, either, looks like it used to have a JT-6 but had the Schaller put on later (common swap)

Yeah, Mod 4 parts mutt w/ a Model 1 neck, i think that´s safe

Comment

thats not a USA Charvel... it is a made in Japan Model series neck for sure. Hard to see int he pictures but it looks like a model 4 body with the neck single made into a humbucker. It should have a FT worth neck plate
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Yup - added knob/switch too. Nothing to see here folks.
        "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Does the logo look gold to everyone else? That might be a for the Japanese market only neck,the rest is modded model 4 all the way.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Alright...so it's basically a model 4 body, with a japanese neck?

Comment

Paging MOAIP MAN!

Well, all model 4 necks were japanese, but yes it´s most likely a Mod 4 with a swapped neck, swapped trem, added neck HB (HSS is stock) and an added 4th minitoggle, or whatever that silvery thing is near the electronics just under the Floyd.

*edit* Come to think of it, aren´t there a few 4s with maple boards out there? Tekky?

Comment

Re: Paging MOAIP MAN!

[ QUOTE ]
                *edit* Come to think of it, aren´t there a few 4s with maple boards out there? Tekky?

[/ QUOTE ]
                Yes, I think Tekky stated at some point that there was a Model 4M, but I can't find the post at the moment, so I'm not sure.

I don't think it is a model 1 neck, because the M1 had a v-trem, so it didn't have the string lock. Hmm...but I suppose it could have been added, of course.

Anyway, there is nothing USA-made about that guitar, except maybe for a couple of the pickups. That's not to say that it is a bad guitar though. The early model series were known to be very good.

Comment

Oh alright. I'm gonna try this guitar this afternoon. I'm gonna let you guys know if I come home with it, and if that's so, I'll post new pics. Thanks for the help guys! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Whatever you do, don´t get suckered into paying more than a few hundred (IMO well <500) [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X