Things I may well regret.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things I may well regret.....

.....I had first refusal, but I've passed on the Eldred Flames NAMM Charvel. It looks like it's staying in 'the community' and I hope you enjoy it Shawn!!
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Re: Things I may well regret.....

I called Matt, he told me you had 1st pick followed by Shawn then me. As soon as I heard Shawn, I was like well can I order one. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

I didn't get why everyone wanted this one to be honest, seemed pretty generic to me. But I guess maybe its a collector's thing?

Comment

I just love maple boards, floyds and HRFs, and this guitar is just classic Charvel to me.

It's not the best timing for me (I have 2 CS orders due very soon), so as I can order one at any time, I passed....still gonna kick myself when I see Shawn's pics though [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Might have to grab a Warren D in April to cheer myself up!
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I am not sure if it's a collectors thing but it's a pretty slick looking design. I thought about it as well but there are no less than four people that were eyeballing it.
          http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

This ones easy for me to answer..to me...Hot wheels, or Eldred, or whatever name you want to give it, is the ultimate graphic.

I have wanted one since go...Bugged the shit out of many a person, trying to get them to sell me their GMW, or whatever.

Now, I have a chance to grab one , a REAL one, and a NAMM piece to boot?

Its elementary amigos.......

Shawn
            Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Yeah that one also got my attention and I contacted Matt but was too far down the list. That is Charvel for a lot of folks, classic graphic, cool colors, maple strat head and 1 hum Floyd layout...sweeet indeed.

I have a feeling you will see many Cutsom orders of these in the future.

Congrats Shawn!!
              www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
              My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Try more like 10 people who wanted it... I actually lost sleep over this last night! With Kevin Maynard's help (thanks!) I decided to offer it to the people who expressed interest in it first. Ian asked me about it around Summer NAMM and Shawn was next in line.

I know a bunch of you guys wanted it but this was really the only fair way for me to handle the sale. Keep in mind I can order the exact same thing... you just have to wait about 6 months for it to come in.
                Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

hey matt, this may be a stupid question, but was that white star with the flames on it supposed to be one of the limited reissues from last year that didn't make it out, or is that a plain ol' strathead star that is easily available? i'm not a big fan of the flames, but that color combination is pretty cool.

sully
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

That HRF is so hot. Maybe Shawn will let me see it one day. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I called Matt, he told me you had 1st pick followed by Shawn then me. As soon as I heard Shawn, I was like well can I order one. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Vince, you are one funny fucker.........LOL

Yes, I did get it, and one other. VERY happy and excited! havent heard anyone mention the necks on these, are they different than the 25ths, etc...We shall see. I like those, so either way is good.

Shawn
                      Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        that white star with the flames on it...that color combination is pretty cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Yea that old "if you were in charge of NAMM thread" I had said they should do 3 retro charvel reissues. HRF Star, Spiderweb Strat and a Birdseye top with creme binding. For some reason those 3 I always associate with retro charvels. The hot rod flames and spiderweb are like THE original graphics whenever I think of charvel strats, those two graphics are the first that pop into my mind. Though that white star strathead looks very "retro" as well.

Still I've seen the HRF graphic on so many guitars it doesn't hold much impact for me anymore, of the guitars Matt got from NAMM I figured this would be one of the first to go but I didn't expect it would get that kind of action. I am sure Matt is thrilled [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]
                            that white star with the flames on it...that color combination is pretty cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my favorite graphic and color for a star. Congrats!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                            Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Don't congrats me, bro. I didn't nab it. Hopefully, the new owner will chime in with it at some point, though. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X