Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who ordered a strathead custom already?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So who ordered a strathead custom already?

I'd think about a custom shop strathead if I could do something unique. That's tough to do because it's easy to end up with the dork-o-rama guitar too. I've seen too many people's dream creations that make me want to hurl and I could easily see my imagination getting the better of me and ending up with a real gagger. But I wouldn't want to just do some standard graphic or some classic Charvel except a HRF but I already have a GMW version which is fantastic. So that leaves me with my own stupid ideas. And them things ain't cheap and take too long for me to make a piece of junk. I dunno...
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Monte asked what the price was and estimated it to be $2200 .. so I figured @ 70% of list it would be $1924 ..

Regardless of what I think I never stated my opinion either way..

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, gotcha. It's hard to follow this thread. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

- Newc

Comment

no problem
        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          I will order a REDRUM with a maple strathead

[/ QUOTE ] That's what I am interested in too, but will only do a 1 hum. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotta have a neck pickup. Also, I want a matching headstock....might as well, right? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Of course, I am dreaming right now since I have to buy a car and such...but things may change soon, we will see.

Mike
          Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

I will be putting my order in probably next week.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I'd think about a custom shop strathead if I could do something unique. That's tough to do because it's easy to end up with the dork-o-rama guitar too. I've seen too many people's dream creations that make me want to hurl and I could easily see my imagination getting the better of me and ending up with a real gagger. But I wouldn't want to just do some standard graphic or some classic Charvel except a HRF but I already have a GMW version which is fantastic. So that leaves me with my own stupid ideas. And them things ain't cheap and take too long for me to make a piece of junk. I dunno...

[/ QUOTE ]
              I agree, Particularly with a strathead I don't want to make some themed guitar and have it come out looking funny. So I decided on a simple San Dimas Exotic. You can't go wrong with natural wood grain IMO. And going with exotic woods gives you 1.) a unique guitar and 2.) a unique sound. And there are tons of different tone woods suitable for guitars. Of course I have no idea what kind of upcharges I will be hit with, so it remains to be seen if its worth it or not. And I might have to change the body wood because if the tone chambering is to pricey I probably won't go with cocobolo. Its a extremely heavy wood as its a true rosewood.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                I agree, Particularly with a strathead I don't want to make some themed guitar and have it come out looking funny. So I decided on a simple San Dimas Exotic. You can't go wrong with natural wood grain IMO. And going with exotic woods gives you 1.) a unique guitar and 2.) a unique sound. And there are tons of different tone woods suitable for guitars. Of course I have no idea what kind of upcharges I will be hit with, so it remains to be seen if its worth it or not. And I might have to change the body wood because if the tone chambering is to pricey I probably won't go with cocobolo. Its a extremely heavy wood as its a true rosewood.

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I have read, you will have one gorgeous and unique axe. I get a Pre-Pro vibe from your description.

Get it!!

Mike
                Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a pretty good approach. That's basically what I've been doing over the last few years with parts from Warmoth and USA Custom Guitars. Unique is good. I know that matters a lot to me for a custom instrument. It's one thing to go get an EVH or Les Paul, but it's another thing altogether to envision an instrument yourself and have it realized. Don't get me wrong, I love my EVH and I really love my Les Paul but these kooky creations mean more to me in the end .

- Newc

Comment

I know what you mean, Tim. One man's masterpiece is another man's piece of s**t. There have certainly been some strange monstrosities to come out of the custom shop over the years.

But, in the end, who gives a f**k what other people think about your guitar? If you think it's cool, that's all that matters.

I've got one coming soon that is over the top. Knew that going into it. I'm sure some folks will think to themselves "that's insane". And others will go "sweet". But it's something I've wanted for 20 years, so I didn't give a s**t and ordered it anyway.

Please youself, not others. But remember to not let yourself go way overboard, either. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X