Strathead Truss Rod Adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strathead Truss Rod Adjustment

Is the truss rod adjustment for new Charvel Stratheads at the headstock or do you have to take the neck off? I have been trying to find a good picture of one and haven't seen anything that confirms it yet?
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Re: Strathead Truss Rod Adjustment

You have to take the neck off and adjust the truss rod at the bottom end. Just like an original Stratocaster.

Comment

And like the original s-heads as well. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thus many have a little divit carved out in the body when the truss rod is cuz of lazy fuks that didnt want to do the adjustment correctly.
      "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

of all the things to get "correct" - fuck that - put the truss rod adjustment at the headstock
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

The positive side of them putting the adjustment at the base forcing the neck to be taken off is that the string tension will be taken off the neck under adjustment.
          Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
          http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            of all the things to get "correct" - fuck that - put the truss rod adjustment at the headstock

[/ QUOTE ]

+1. PC1s are probably still at the headstock, though, correct?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              The positive side of them putting the adjustment at the base forcing the neck to be taken off is that the string tension will be taken off the neck under adjustment.

[/ QUOTE ]

clearly you have never seen me tweak a trussrod [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

- Newc

Comment

YEah - Carvin doesnt put the truss rod adjustment at the heel [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

A little trick to make adjusting a truss rod at the heel easier:

Detune the strings quite a bit, then lock the nut if it is locking. If it has a non-locking nut, then put a capo at fret 1. Then remove the neck, make the adjustment, and put the neck back on. Remove the capo or unlock the nut, string to pitch and check. This way your strings aren't flopping all over the place and you don't have to remove them either.

Comment

Hey RR05xx, great news! The Special Olympics just called - YOU'RE IN!!! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      YEah - Carvin doesnt put the truss rod adjustment at the heel [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the point of this post? After all, Carvin doesn´t make San Dimas style Stratheads either, so the info is about as irrelevant as it gets... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Hey RR05xx, great news! The Special Olympics just called - YOU'RE IN!!! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Touche [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

EBMM has the most logical trussrod adjustment design.

Comment

Thanks everyone.

I have been told that on custom shop orders you can request it at the headstock. Just waiting for confirmation and to see if there is an upcharge.
                            http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              EBMM has the most logical trussrod adjustment design.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll agree...I've got an Axis and its truss rod adjusts like buttah.

Comment

Working...
                              X