X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Strathead Truss Rod Adjustment

[ QUOTE ]
    Thanks everyone.

I have been told that on custom shop orders you can request it at the headstock. Just waiting for confirmation and to see if there is an upcharge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Due to where it adjusts, the PC1 has a completely different truss rod than the Charvel guitars with the licensed Fender(R) headstock. The truss rod channel rout is different, etc. If you want that on a CS Charvel, we will need to quote it out.

As Mike Learn noted, you should take the string tension off the neck when you adjust the rod.

Faster (access to adjustments) does not always mean better.

The EBMM system is very cool, but you should still remove the string tension before adjusting them.

Comment

$$$$$$= No thanks

Comment

When I custom ordered my Strathead ...

... I wrote in the specs skunk stripe and truss rod adjustment at the headstock. Tim emailed me, that they can do skunk stripe or access to the truss rod at the headstock, but not both at the same, neck, because of they don't have the tools for that. I chosed for the skunk stripe, without truss rod access at the headstock.

Comment

That is correct. Those of you familiar with skunk stripe necks know that the skunk stripe ends between the first and 2nd fret - which is also where the truss rod ends! If you flip it around to adjust the truss rod at the headstock, the truss rout rout is different and the skunk stripe is not needed. The fingerboard then covers the channel rout for the rod.

Comment

BTW Toby...that was a SWEET axe!! I wanted to use a pic of it in the Charvel tri-fold we put out last year, but couldn't because of the Fender(R) headstock.

Comment

But Toby's axe IS in the trifold... at least in the one I have [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                BTW Toby...that was a SWEET axe!! I wanted to use a pic of it in the Charvel tri-fold we put out last year, but couldn't because of the Fender(R) headstock.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you put it in the Jackson tri-fold instead? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

ah ok... it was the Jackson trifold [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I got the word from the Custom Shop on this. It was a $75.00 retail upcharge for this.
                    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X