I Miss 6694 :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Miss 6694 :(

A couple of days short of two months without my CS Dweezil.
    I sent it back into the great void to have a headstock paint problem taken care of. I was sitting here tonight wondering what the other people who bought them and had a problem are doing and how it's going for them. And what ever happened to the one that was delivered with the custom two piece neck? Oh well, next time I'll take Hippietims advice and wait to buy used. Gets checked out and costs a few hundred less in most cases. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    The Buzzard does not fear
    The man in riot gear
    Harvest a skull of stone
    The Buzzard grows his own...

Re: I Miss 6694

OK..just delete the post then...Sorry.
    The man in riot gear
    Harvest a skull of stone

Comment

Update: I received this email today.
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      Jeff - Good news, the repaired Dweezil is leaving CA on Monday!

Matt [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I don't know if anyone else has tried to get any issues with their Dweezil taken care of, but mine took about two months. I'll let you know how they did and if it makes yet another trip across the US in one piece.
      The man in riot gear
      Harvest a skull of stone

Comment

that's good news - i hope it's all good.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I have been without my EVH for about two months now. Still waiting on what the word is. I know it went back there finally.
          http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Patience Jeff. When it arrives all this pain will be forgotten. I absolutely love mine, and I'm sure you will as well. It's almost over.

Comment

Oh, I totally love mine also. I was just afraid that the clear coat problem would get worse over time. It wasn't major, but still shouldn't have been there on a new CS guitar. I've been very patient. Todays e-mail to Matt for a status was only the second since I sent it off. Considering what had to be done to it, and if it arrives safe and the problem is fixed, it was a very decent turn around time IMO.
              The man in riot gear
              Harvest a skull of stone

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I have been without my EVH for about two months now. Still waiting on what the word is. I know it went back there finally.

[/ QUOTE ]

what's wrong with your evh?

- Newc

Comment

The neck warped. Bought it and it was fine. I was traveling for six weeks and it sat in the case. When I came back the neck had warped. The string height rose a 1/4" inch.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    The neck warped. Bought it and it was fine. I was traveling for six weeks and it sat in the case. When I came back the neck had warped. The string height rose a 1/4" inch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] That's scary.
                    The man in riot gear
                    Harvest a skull of stone

Comment

yowza! i hope it works out jack

- Newc

Comment

Damn, that is just not cool at all. Although I am not surprised. I think that most raw maple necked guitars need a couple of years with tweeking all along to settle down.
                        "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

It should be fine. It's been shipped back. My biggest complaint is that the authorized tech it was taken to in the area wasn't allowed to ship it back. It had to go back to Fullers and then to Jackson. Something about the EVH's can't be serviced in the field. So it had to go back to Fullers to ship out. It sat at Fullers for a few weeks before it finally went back. Luckily, I haven't had to pay for any of the shipping around.

Comment

Hey friends, just a word about my 2/10 second post. It was done post-Super Bowl tipsy+ and knowing that there are at least four of these out there with problems. But, here we are almost ten days later, and no one has mentioned any thing about any problems (paint wise or other) about their guitar. I know that some had set-up, string/hardware corrosion problems that were posted. I'm talking about the "I need to send it back" problems. Mine is supposed to be on it's way back to me. I'll post about it when it gets here. I think I got a pretty good turn around time despite the Mason like J/C,FMIC process(which I understand..to a certain extent). If you have a problem and are not addressing it, I think you are a fool. If you don't want to let others know, pm me, I just want to know how others are fairing. Bottom line, like I said before, the CS built me one hell of a guitar. I was just worried that a minor clear coat problem would get worse over time. So I chose to send it in and have it fixed.
                            The man in riot gear
                            Harvest a skull of stone

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Update: I received this email today.
                              Jeff - Good news, the repaired Dweezil is leaving CA on Monday!

Matt [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If it did leave on Monday, and they got a mule with all four legs this time, maybe it'll only be another week. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              The man in riot gear
                              Harvest a skull of stone

Comment

Working...
                              X