I Miss 6694 :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I Miss 6694

My Charvel Dweezil is in the shop as well. I had mismatched spot paint on the head stock as well as clear coat divets.....there was also a hube chunk of paint scooped out under the Floyd arm. The frets hung past their ends and the set up was lousy.

Comment

I hate to hear that Spider. My frets turned out pretty decent the first time around. I was pretty well pleased with the guitar other than the paint issue. I hope they settle in and age well when we get them back. Good luck!!!
      And keep us posted on how they do addressing your guitars problems. Seems like a lot of people here on the JCF are ordering these days. Hearing from them good or bad will help others make buying decisions.
      The Buzzard does not fear
      The man in riot gear
      Harvest a skull of stone
      The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

I think the setup on all the Dweezils was shitty.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which makes me wonder all the more about how stable the necks are going to be. I guess we'll see.
          The man in riot gear
          Harvest a skull of stone

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Final setup before shipping to the end customer is the dealer´s responsibility, not the Manufacturer´s... do you have any idea how much climate difference there is between SoCal and New England in the winter? In one place they´re waering shorts and in the other they´re training to be eskimos, and the wood WILL care, willl shift, and will change the setup... attrbuting a bad setup to JCMI is totally unfair IMO, unless you picked it up directly from the factory [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

"leaving CA on Monday"

<font color="red">.... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]!!Were told the exact same thing about the Solar binders...."shipping Monday"....three times....finally arrived months later.... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]!! </font>

Comment

I'm waiting to see how yours turned out before I send mine off [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I can't believe I'm such a fool. I should have read closer. The e-mail said "leaving on Monday". I can't complain, they didn't say which Monday. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  The man in riot gear
                  Harvest a skull of stone

Comment

Well, I can't blame Jackson on the slow return. Seems the guitar has been sitting in the local shop since last Friday.
                    I checked with them today, and they had lost my contact info. Somewhere along the line the neck obtained four dents in it. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] I doubt a camera can pick them up, but you sure can feel them when you run your hand along it. They're right where your thumb sits and between the 9th and 12th frets. Something I'll have to learn to live with or fix myself. The head stock refinish turned out pretty good though. I'm still at work so later tonight I'll have a chance to check it out better. I don't know if the dealer unpacked it to check it, but there was no additional packing in the case, just like when it shipped the first time. I'd like to say I'm excited, but at this point, I'm not. Maybe after I set it up, do something about the dents, and play it some, I will get back some of the enthusiasm I had when it first arrived. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Good luck Slash. It's kind of like having your appendix removed. It sucks, but you know it has to be done.
                    The man in riot gear
                    Harvest a skull of stone

Comment

4 dents [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] I may have to hang to my appendix til it kills me [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

Comment

See if you can steam the dents out with a wet cloth and an iron.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

As a matter of fact, I just got done doing that before logging on here(that and fixing an amp). I knew of, and have used that trick many times. It was very easy this time due to the unfinished neck. Dents are gone. I really wasn't sweating those because I knew I could get rid of them. The scratches in the clear coat on the head stock, and the buckle rash on the trem cover are another story. Me and Birchwood Casey are going to spend the next few days making this neck magic again. Got to blend the area where they taped and sanded, then didn't rematch finish. As for the neck and guitar, unless the neck warps, Jackson will never see it again. Kinda like my money... They make some bad ass guitars. I hope they work out some of the things that have been happening lately. It's just the little things that kill. I hate to come off like a whiny bitch, but it's kind of like the car salesman holding a key to your paint job while you drive off the lot. I wish everyone would post the good and the bad they have received in a custom shop guitar lately.
                          The man in riot gear
                          Harvest a skull of stone

Comment

Working...
                          X