Right. San Dimas time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right. San Dimas time...

ok so its my 21st birthday in june...apparently mum wants it to be big...like my whole family all digging in, and i may also put a couple of hundred in as well to top up...

so...

for a twin hum, floyd, red bullseye i'm looking at $2679, $2869 if i go for red ghost flames

but...

how long to deliver? i don't know if the waiting time is different for the standard models (compared with say your own custom designed jobby. also how much is delivery to the uk on average? i assume i may have to pay a lot in customs charges...

also - star or strat? i can't decide

Re: Right. San Dimas time...

As a Charvel Main Dealer in the UK, I have been quoted by our rep that delivery times are 6-12 months......custom shops around 18 months (I've got a Custom Shop Black Bullseye on order for myself.....only 15 to go!!). There are however, some Charvel San Dimas guitars in stock at the suppliers (Fender UK) which can be delivered in around 5-10 days.

Comment

If you want a custom guitar, you won't get it in time for your birthday I'm afraid to say (unless you meant June 2007, and even then.....!).

If you want a guitar made from the std specs with a std graphic (i.e. not a custom-order), then as Steve says I've been quoted 6-12 months.

Shipping from the US on a strat-size guitar seems to generally run $150 - $200. Don't forget import taxes though (figure another 25% on top of the price you pay)
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Star
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

ok gus it probably won't happen anyway this year coz that is a lot to ask for a single guitar - i'll probably end up runnin with about a grand which still gets me any other us guitar...maybe a dean hmm...

Comment

A couple of nice ones on the 'bay right now...

Hot Wheels Flames

Rising Sun

Comment

My custom order was quoted with an estimated delivery time of 7 months. But the quote also sais, it's only an estimate. In the end, building took 12 months, and shipping additional 2 months.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Star

[/ QUOTE ]

Quoted for truth.

Comment

red ghost flame strat with a maple board is my vote

Comment

dont buy a Dean you doof!! buy a friggin Charvel!

Comment

That rising sun is cool. Who ever ordered it knows their audience as the it does not have the custom shop logo.
                      "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

dont buy a Dean you doof!! buy a friggin Charvel!

do u wanna give me nearly 3 grand to by one? i know my parents are being generous but they really don't have that much money!!! i'll be lucky if i scrape a grand...which still buys me nearly any guitar..and i don't wanna get a second hand one this time...

Comment

whos says you have to buy brand new? theres used USA charvies and jacksons going through here and the bay all the time for around 1 grand

Comment

like i said i don't want a second hand one...

Comment

why not. they're just as good

Comment

Working...
                              X